Back on the horse

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Phase 2 finally completed
POLYS YASS. very pale in colour, is it from stress.

I have no clue what it is though, i cant identify bichirs to save my life :p

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Cool fish! Cant wait to see them colored up.

Not to rain on the parade but.... do you usually drop the new fish in without quarantine first? I always run my polys through a week of parasite treatment first and then watch them for a while before they go in my main tank. Ever since I have done this I have had zero issues. In the past I had introduced two wc fish that looked completely healthy into an established tank and ended up pretty much losing the entire tank. Granted they were cichlids and not polys but I learned my lesson and always QT my fish before they go in my main tank.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Cool fish! Cant wait to see them colored up.

Not to rain on the parade but.... do you usually drop the new fish in without quarantine first? I always run my polys through a week of parasite treatment first and then watch them for a while before they go in my main tank. Ever since I have done this I have had zero issues. In the past I had introduced two wc fish that looked completely healthy into an established tank and ended up pretty much losing the entire tank. Granted they were cichlids and not polys but I learned my lesson and always QT my fish before they go in my main tank.
I am also starting to QT all my fish now, regardless of where they come from

Reactions: DMD123
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store