Back on the horse

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I am also starting to QT all my fish now, regardless of where they come from
Good job!

I know its a pain but it really safeguards your fish. I have a 40B set aside for this purpose. Granted the fish are not happy in there during the process but in the end I have peace of mind that Im introducing clean fish in the main tank.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hendre Hendre , slight derail, stop lurking and get some poly's! lol ;)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Good job!

I know its a pain but it really safeguards your fish. I have a 40B set aside for this purpose. Granted the fish are not happy in there during the process but in the end I have peace of mind that Im introducing clean fish in the main tank.
I have a plastic tub for the purpose.
Hendre Hendre , slight derail, stop lurking and get some poly's! lol ;)
ok. First i have to find a polli or ornate bichir (i think they are the small ones) and then i need to rearrange the tank to make floor space.
20160907_211142[1].jpg

sorry for derail Askaleymanfish Askaleymanfish

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Cool fish! Cant wait to see them colored up.

Not to rain on the parade but.... do you usually drop the new fish in without quarantine first? I always run my polys through a week of parasite treatment first and then watch them for a while before they go in my main tank. Ever since I have done this I have had zero issues. In the past I had introduced two wc fish that looked completely healthy into an established tank and ended up pretty much losing the entire tank. Granted they were cichlids and not polys but I learned my lesson and always QT my fish before they go in my main tank.
No qt tank iv never done honestly prob never will I do t have the time or patience to run 2 tanks with maintanence

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I only do my qt in a cooler, i do it for 24-48 hrs.

Hendre Hendre i think you floor space will be good, ornate and polli swim alot so they dont really stay in the bottom.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store