Bichir for my 1100g

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
They are really cool.

What about albino/platinum bichirs? Are there any that get into the big boy category?
Really depends on a albino or platinum you get. There are two sperate group of bichir, lower jaw and upper jaw, lower jaw can get to 16"+, if wild cought it gets bigger, upper jaw can get to 12", probably 16" max if wild, some upper jaw like ornate,teugelsi and weeksii can get to 20"+, but i havent seen them in albino or platinum.

Reactions: knobhill

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Thats one nice tank, i would put more than one ornate or poly in that tank, lolz
its a Noah's Ark of sorts. I typically only have one type of each species <with exceptions>. Truth be told the Ornate was the first poly I've ever kept. They do fascinate me, I just have heard some of them can get pretty nasty.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
its a Noah's Ark of sorts. I typically only have one type of each species <with exceptions>. Truth be told the Ornate was the first poly I've ever kept. They do fascinate me, I just have heard some of them can get pretty nasty.
Depends on the individual, my ornate is pretty mellow, but i had a ornate that ate another bichir. Ive heard ornate can be a killer to other bichirs.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Well, I have a nice 140g grow out tank (it has some fish in growing out for the 1100g) I was planning on putting whatever bichir I get in there first, and get it big enough to introduce to the 1100g.

So what do you guys (the poly masters) think: get an albino/platinum endli or a PBB? Either one I would grow out

Reactions: Polyaddict86

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks! I have blind 8" Thai Silk Flowerhorn I got for free from a member and can't wait to add her to the mix. The tank has some pricey fish, but even the free ones are beautiful and have worth to me
I personally admire people with good hearts like yourself. :)

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Thanks! I have blind 8" Thai Silk Flowerhorn I got for free from a member and can't wait to add her to the mix. The tank has some pricey fish, but even the free ones are beautiful and have worth to me
Bro your such a good person on rescuing fish that needs attention, way to go bro:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store