MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Nadeaux;4524076; said:
This is nuts and I love it. Great job.

polish;4523970; said:
EPIC.
Looking forward to seeing all the fish home and in your Monster tanks.
me too :)

it is 4:30 ohio time and we are done with the extension to the garage, except for the vinyl siding, were doing that now, ill post pics later so you all can see the removeable wall we built, to get the pond in when they get back and of course if i sell any of the tanks inside i can always remove the wall and get them out
bigrich

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Getting very close to arrival. Can't wait. They made a very incredible trip. Simply amazing!

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
they are in Mitchel S. Dakota which means they are 7 hours from chicago, il.
here are the stats
SUN 6:00PM WASHNGTN - AMMONIA=.25PPM, NITRITE=.10PPM, NITRATE=5PPM, TEMP=75
SUN 9:30PM MONTANA - AMMONIA=.50PPM, NITRITE=.10PPM, NITRATE=5PPM, TEMP=75
MON 2:30AM MONTANA - AMMONIA=1.0PPM, NITRITE=.10PPM, NITRATE=10PPM, TEMP=75
MON 9:00AM WYOMING - AMMONIA=1.0PPM, NITRITE=.10PPM, NITRATE=20PPM, TEMP=71
MON 1:30PM S. DAKOTA - AMMONIA=1.0PPM, NITRITE=.10PPM, NITRATE=20PPM, TEMP=74
MON 6:00PM S. DAKOTA - AMMONIA=2.0PPM, NITRITE=.30PPM, NITRATE=20PPM, TEMP=74

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
***UPDATE***
WE FINISHED THE OUTSIDE OF THE ADDITION and we insulated all the walls, so in the morning we will put down the carpet and will be finished for now. the boys are in jackson minnasota

DSCF6141.JPG

DSCF6144.JPG

DSCF6149.JPG

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
very nice. what was the temp of the tank the fish were in in WA? If you're traveling 71-74 degree water I'm assuming the tank they were in was no higher then 80?

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
It's arrival day!!!!!!:woot::cheers:

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
***UPDATE***
good morning everyone, sorry, i fell asleep for the entire night, sorry, but i got woke up twice for the updates, i was just too tired to get up and go to the computer to relay all the info , so again, sorry. well the boys are in ohio now, there scheduled to be here at 11:30 am. the fish are all doing fine, we had no casualties, and the filter on the pond really started working good, they tested the water before they did there water change in illinois, and the amonia had gone down to practically nothing, the same with the nitrites, and the nitrates were sky high, so they did a half of the pond water change and brought the nitrates down, and the water had cleared up really nicly, the only problem was the smell of the prime, they said it enveloped the whole box truck with what they decribed as "it smelled like rotten eggs" poor kids :), but everything is ok at the moment, im going outside to get the carpet installed in the new addition so were ready for them , when they get here. ill post all the pics and info as soon as i can
bigrich

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Great, glad to hear everything is going well. Really glad to hear about the water quality going back to normal.
Gotta congratulate you guys on the grand slam you pulled off. Big congrats to richie, joshie, and ricky for all the driving. I bet they will sleep good tonight. And big congrats to you for the well planned out trip and all the hard work you've done in the last couple days getting ready for them to get back. Awesome.

I know that smell very well. That's all I use is prime. I don't know how many times I've had somebody stick their nose up to the bottle and ask them what it smells like, just to see their reaction. Lol.

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
koop171;4525235; said:
very nice. what was the temp of the tank the fish were in in WA? If you're traveling 71-74 degree water I'm assuming the tank they were in was no higher then 80?
they were in 75 degree water, we pumped there water into the pond/transport tank and then put the fish in, so the very first reading was there water that they were in.

now when they get here, we are going to pump more water into the pond that the fish are in, too fill it up, weve got alot of water waiting on them at tempurature, then we will drain the water they are in into the pool so that we can start moving the fish from the same water that they are in to the same water, then we will work on filling the pool with fresh dechlorinated water using the transport pond at 800 gallons at a time,
we can fill the transport tank with the right temp water because we had bought a hang on the wall water heater, so it heats as the water passes through, tyhere is no tank to run out of hot water. so we will fill the transport tank with 800 gallons then use the prime to dechlor it then fill the pool with that water. when the pool is full, then we can start on moving the pond to the new extension to the garage and putting the removeable wall back onto the extension and screw it into place, then the heated fishroom will take care of keeping all the fish at a regular 78 degrees, its nice in the winter, if you get too cold in the house you just go to the fishroom and get warm :) ill be taking pics of the whole process, so ill post them whenever we take a break
bigrich

P.S. thanks to everybody that has helped us on the way, and espesially to the guys that we got the fish from, without all of there help and kindness this would never have happened :)

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
bigrich545;4526140; said:
they were in 75 degree water, we pumped there water into the pond/transport tank and then put the fish in, so the very first reading was there water that they were in.

now when they get here, we are going to pump more water into the pond that the fish are in, too fill it up, weve got alot of water waiting on them at tempurature, then we will drain the water they are in into the pool so that we can start moving the fish from the same water that they are in to the same water, then we will work on filling the pool with fresh dechlorinated water using the transport pond at 800 gallons at a time,
we can fill the transport tank with the right temp water because we had bought a hang on the wall water heater, so it heats as the water passes through, tyhere is no tank to run out of hot water. so we will fill the transport tank with 800 gallons then use the prime to dechlor it then fill the pool with that water. when the pool is full, then we can start on moving the pond to the new extension to the garage and putting the removeable wall back onto the extension and screw it into place, then the heated fishroom will take care of keeping all the fish at a regular 78 degrees, its nice in the winter, if you get too cold in the house you just go to the fishroom and get warm :) ill be taking pics of the whole process, so ill post them whenever we take a break
bigrich

P.S. thanks to everybody that has helped us on the way, and espesially to the guys that we got the fish from, without all of there help and kindness this would never have happened :)
Was there ver an explanation given as to why so many big cats were sitting in that small pond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store