Not open for further replies.

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Madding;4526142; said:
Was there ver an explanation given as to why so many big cats were sitting in that small pond?
he said that he was moving and had sold the big pond/pool that they were in.

***UPDATE***
here are some pics while we are waiting to move the fish in, we filled the transport tank to the top and put more filters on it, the water is completly see through and great water parameters, our next step is to drain 2/3 of this water into the pool we have for them and then start moving the fish into it, then fill the transport tank up again and dechlor it then fill the pool more and so on till the pool is full,
here are some pics till later
bigrich
#1 there home :)
#2 finishing up the insulation on the extesion
#3 removing the removeable wall we just built
#4 holding the wall up to align it to put it back on
it is a heavy wall, about 200lbs made of 10 2x4, 2.5 sheets plywood, 6.5 peices of insulation, 3/4 yard of vinyl siding.

DSCF6155.JPG

DSCF6156.JPG

DSCF6158.JPG

DSCF6159.JPG

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
***UPDATE***
whew!!!!!, there all in there new home, its a temporary holding pool untill i build the garage extension and new tank. but here are some pics for you of us setting up the pool and then unloading the fish into it, and tracy taking a break in the pool, the water is a lil dirty because thats the water that was in the pond and then after we moved all the fish we started filling the pool with a garden sized hose so it took a while to fill which allowed the fish to acclimate basicaly to the fresh 76 degree water, it is nice and clear now that it is full, but not yet buffered clear, i have a bunch more pics that i will put on inthe morning, but im tired and we have a hell of a mess to clean up, so ill see you in the morning.
thanks everyone
bigrich

DSCF6160.JPG

DSCF6164.JPG

DSCF6167.JPG

DSCF6168.JPG

DSCF6176.JPG

DSCF6183.JPG

DSCF6185.JPG

DSCF6180.JPG

ilovereeftank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2010
clinton township,michigan
all i gotta say is wow, the dedication and commitment is amazing,

i must say i have been following this thread and i just can
't wait till the new pics and updates come in

so how many catfish did you end up getting in total 24 of them?

also how much is admission to see the AMAZING setups you have ?

this is great 36 hours one way thats insane lol

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Great job! They look big. That id shark looks huge!

mike b

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
hamilton, ohio
man you guys are BEASTS!!!!! I love it those cats Im sure have no idea how lucky they are but Ill bet if they could theyd thank you a truly amazing job all the way around definitely a story to tell the grandkids someday:grinno:

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
ilovereeftank;4528413; said:
all i gotta say is wow, the dedication and commitment is amazing,
i must say i have been following this thread and i just can
't wait till the new pics and updates come in
so how many catfish did you end up getting in total 24 of them?
also how much is admission to see the AMAZING setups you have ?
this is great 36 hours one way thats insane lol
thank you, by the time we had got to this thread 2 of the redtails had been given away, and when we got there, we loaded the pond up and there was not enough room for the rest of the pacus, so we left there with 19, and no cost to come see them :)

doubledragon;4528672; said:
Great job! They look big. That id shark looks huge!
yes, all of the fish were way bigger than we thought.

mike b;4528750; said:
man you guys are BEASTS!!!!! I love it those cats Im sure have no idea how lucky they are but Ill bet if they could theyd thank you a truly amazing job all the way around definitely a story to tell the grandkids someday:grinno:
thanks, ill condense this story and add it into my photo albums as the trip to wash to save fish, and ill have captions on each pic :)

its 9:00 am, and i got to sleep in a lil this morning, im going out to finish the new filters, i had made some but now i can see they were not enough,
and we finally got the pool filled to the top last night at 2:00. ill post more pics later :)
bigrich

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
so how much are you guys charging for admission to the fishroom ;)

me and some of the columbus guys will have to work out a time and come check everything out

** on an unrelated note, i wonder why in all the big catfish tanks/ponds that we always see, there are never any regular TSN ??
I know i love seeing them at a huge size (nicest looking cat IMO) but with the exception of WetWiskers, and a few public aquariums, i've never seen anything over 28"
I've tried to grow out 5-10 TSN, and can never get them to eat and bulk up. The best luck I've had was a 19" Skinny TSN. I guess at least i'm not the only one who cant get them big, lol

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
new2natives;4528927; said:
i wonder why in all the big catfish tanks/ponds that we always see, there are never any regular TSN ??
I know i love seeing them at a huge size (nicest looking cat IMO) but with the exception of WetWiskers, and a few public aquariums, i've never seen anything over 28"
I've tried to grow out 5-10 TSN, and can never get them to eat and bulk up. The best luck I've had was a 19" Skinny TSN. I guess at least i'm not the only one who cant get them big, lol
i love them too, and i found out that they had given away 2 of the biggest tsn long before i got to the thread, or id have them now too, :) and you might try to bring the temp up to 78-80 degrees, thats what i keep my tanks at, they will be more active and eat more = grow bulkier

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Originally Posted by new2natives
so how much are you guys charging for admission to the fishroom ;)

me and some of the columbus guys will have to work out a time and come check everything out

free of charge :)
you guys figure it out and pm me when you can and ill get things ready

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
bigrich545;4528939; said:
and you might try to bring the temp up to 78-80 degrees, thats what i keep my tanks at, they will be more active and eat more = grow bulkier
i have almost all my tanks at 80 ...

the current tsn i have was from another member on here, and he gave it to me because "it ate so well, and was growing soo fast"
needless to say 4 months later its the same size and rarely touches shrimp, pellets, or anything else I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store