"Big Giant Swords"

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
The sword construction is the "bait".
The drama, conflict, humor, and personas/characters are the "hook"......this has been the main formula of reality television.

Do you think "Deadliest Catch" has been on for 10 seasons now because viewers mainly want to see crabs in traps?

those reasons are actually why I hate reality television

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
never heard of it

is it the same as most reality shows using the bait and hook as described itt?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
So are you predicting this makes it past 2 seasons before it gets yanked?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm not any good at predicting what the American audience find entertaining because a lot of shows which I thought would sink with in a season are still highly rated after multiple seasons.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Lol just some dudes making a living catching big arse tuna. Far less drama then the deadliest catch but yeah the same concept. it's worth a check out but has no long term staying power as they're all far too repetitive without manufactured drama

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I'm not any good at predicting what the American audience find entertaining because a lot of shows which I thought would sink with in a season are still highly rated after multiple seasons.
for example? just curious

I understand the reasons for the popularity of shows like jersey shore, honey boo boo, duck dynasty and what not. but those things are just not my thing

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Wicked tuna is the best seafood industry reality show of allllll time.
I hardly watch tv but I'm always psyched whenever I happen to catch Deadliest Catch. I've yet to catch Wicked Tuna, but I hear from quite a few people that are fans of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store