"Big Giant Swords"

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
for example? just curious

I understand the reasons for the popularity of shows like jersey shore, honey boo boo, duck dynasty and what not. but those things are just not my thing
LOL you just named 3 of them...........and "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Im just glad there is a show on the network that isnt about alaska

Alaska this, alaska that.

Surviving Extreme alaska bush people last frontier bush pilot death rally grill master swamp alaska people ... is a pretty good show though

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Im just glad there is a show on the network that isnt about alaska

Alaska this, alaska that.

Surviving Extreme alaska bush people last frontier bush pilot death rally grill master swamp alaska people ... is a pretty good show though

I really like those Alaska shows and the tutorial survival shows (Survivorman, Dual Survivors, Bear Grills). Loved the motorcycle build off shows that don't seem to be around any more. But, I don't care at all for those gold prospecting shows.

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
I really like those Alaska shows and the tutorial survival shows (Survivorman, Dual Survivors, Bear Grills). Loved the motorcycle build off shows that don't seem to be around any more. But, I don't care at all for those gold prospecting shows.
Same. I like the last frontier. It shows a way of life not many people have never seen. Also, it shows a way of life I only wish to live one day.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
what turns me off on some of the shows is that while a lot of moments are sincere and the way those people really are, a lot of it is played up for the camera and a lot of the things that happen are staged and they try to pass them off as if they're not staged

once I see things that are obviously played up for the cameras or staged then I lose interest

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I love Alaska, its on the top of my to do list. Im an outdoorsman. Ive done a lot of canoe trips, even paddled/portaged from Minnesota to the Canadian border in the boundary waters back in 2010. I'd honestly love nothing more than to live in Alaska, I live in Wisconsin, I'm already half way there

I just spent 4 whole sleepless days with my wife in the hospital. Basic cable is cruel and unusual. and all I saw was shows about Alaska. If they weren't mining gold they were chasing horses or getting into overly dramatic yet anticlimactic standoffs with bears and stuff.

Then big giant swords came on and broke the monotony

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Lol the Alaska shows are retarded. They make nothing literally overly dramatic. Like look a bear walked by 200 yards away! Look we have to build this fence fast! Look our dog is missing! Look we can't get this cow to go the direction we want! Seriously screw those shows

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
they tried to over dramatize when the old lady came across some wolverine tracks.

like, oh no, wolverines can be potentially dangerous to people. we need to keep an eye out and avoid a possible confrontation with the wolverine lol

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
what turns me off on some of the shows is that while a lot of moments are sincere and the way those people really are, a lot of it is played up for the camera and a lot of the things that happen are staged and they try to pass them off as if they're not staged

once I see things that are obviously played up for the cameras or staged then I lose interest
I agree to an extent. Many times they've got to use "creative licensing" to create drama and humor to keep it exciting. Its widely known that reality shows are not truly reality. 99.9999% of us spend our days doing boring, mundane things. Would anyone want to observe me doing w/c or wash dishes? Hours and hours of filming are edited into 45min episodes with the producers deciding what is entertaining. I go in knowing and accepting that not everything on a reality show is true. I accept it as entertainment and nothing more.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Lol the Alaska shows are retarded. They make nothing literally overly dramatic. Like look a bear walked by 200 yards away! Look we have to build this fence fast! Look our dog is missing! Look we can't get this cow to go the direction we want! Seriously screw those shows

Every single reality show uses this technique, not just the Alaska shows

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store