Biggest unexpected fish loss ?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
We all know fish will die sooner or later. But what is the most painful unexpected fish death you have experienced?

Mine was probably when i was 9 , i set up a pond , no filtration and no cycling..
i dropped about 200 juvy kois and most were dead in a few days =(

Ive also lost an asian aro that somehow jumped through a heavy glass lid.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
the most surprising:
all was good until I woke up the next morning to find my first ever pair of rays dead. they were rectic rays.

the most painful:
my pair of motoros perished, after about 8 months in my care.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
the three most memorable fish fatalities I have experienced are, from greatest to least:
1) my caribas dying off due to heater failure in 6th grade
2) losing a N. venustus cichlid due to unknown cause
3) losing a 4" green terror due to larger texas cichlid.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
went on vacation last august to florida keys. Old ladys son was suposed to be takeing care of the fish feeding them takeing care of our raccoon we had . **** like that. Told him anything goes wrong with my fishtanks callme. I could either tell him how to fix it get a friend of mine to come fix it or worse case secnaryo ide cut vacation short in a hartbeat. Anyway week latter get back come upstairs to take a piss somethink stinks like death. Open the bed room door look at my 65 gal its completely green no filtration running no airpump nothing a dead ****ing tank. Altogether the folowing died
1 dovi
1 peacock bass
1 red forest jewlcichlid
1 goldnugget pleco
1 albino ancisturus pleco
butterkofery tilipia
2 mbuna
3 sunnys
orange stripe raphial
and some others i cant remember.
now all were under 2 inchs in size . they all died
onlything survived was the other jewl fish amazeingly, my bichirs and channa gachua

Then comeing to find out instead of him takeing care of the coon he just came in the room threw some food in the bowl and walked out . Now this is a baby coon wanting lovein and petting he abandond it. And it never was realy the same . Acted like it didnt even no us. took while for it to get use to us again

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
I remember Phatboys ray loss... WW was Pfish back then.. it was big drama over there everybody wanted to know how you killed you ray. LOL

But in your defense,, rays are very unforgiving when it comes to water quality..
you make the smallest mistakes, you already see something the result on the ray..

Wickedmidas, i also remember your loss.. that was just a few mos ago right??

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
well after you said that, i checked my freezer too.. found a juvenile frt frozen as a mammoth. .died 2 days after i got it. :confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store