black or silver?

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
When I look at the head I want to say black but the back half looks silver.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
deff a black fellas, not a silver. own one first :nilly:
Wrong!

Both are Black
Obviously you don't know much about arowana. Davenmandy aro is a black, but Garniac aro is a silver. Black arowana won't have that kind/size barbels.

I've had many of each and all sizes, this is a Black 100%. Easiest way to tell are the fins, Black arro's usually have short fins and when swimming it look like it doesn't have any fins. This is a Black Arrow. BTW, I've seen Black Arro's with DE.
Wrong!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Wrong!

Obviously you don't know much about arowana. Davenmandy aro is a black, but Garniac aro is a silver. Black arowana won't have that kind/size barbels.

Wrong!
Now I understand your confusion, only considering the barbels, when incorrectly identifying the aro in question.

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
could be a low quality black aro, the color of the fins is definitely there. still sticking with black. real hard for a grown silver to not have DE

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Certainly an adult black. The confusion stems from the lack of aquarium lights. If it was well lit you would see the orange inside of its scales. Silvers have pink iridescence, not orange.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Now I understand your confusion, only considering the barbels, when incorrectly identifying the aro in question.
The confusion is on you. I didn't just consider only on the barbels. I identify the fish base all the whole fish, not just on the color, which can be effected by lighting or environment, or the body shape, which can be effected by the angle picture was taken. As for the barbels, it's the flaw on black arowana, just like drop-eye on silver. Perhaps, you have not seen that many black arowana at that size in person to know of their flaw

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
real hard for a grown silver to not have DE
It's much easier to get a grown silver aro at that size not to have DE than to get a grown black aro at that size with that pair of barbels

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store