Breeding congo tetras???

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
I have a couple dozen Congos in a 230 gal. Several loaches, 20 red-tail sharks, a school of pearl danios, African glass cats and a three elephant nose Mormyrids. The Congos spawn every morning shortly after the lights come on. Males drive the females into a large Wendilov Java fern where eggs are released and fertilized. The elephant nose wait in and under the plants and feast on the eggs. Its a daily routine. pH mid 7's, temp. 76, mature tank

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Thanks all for the additional info....i am still pursuing this project/being lazy.

I need to go ahead and set it up this weekend as i already have everything needed. I have a couple options for tanks here: a 50g 36x15x20 or a 95g 29x25x36H hexagon tank. Ill probably rig one of those with a sponge filter this weekend if i can clear a place to put it...

The pair of congos have become even more impressive to my eye. The male might be 5", as large as the big rohani barb, and the female appears very thick, possibly gravid. Hopefully i can snap some good pics of the new setup soon.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store