Breeding flowerhorn

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
You said you wanted show quality fish and doing an experiment. So you have to get high quality fish and don't come cheap. You can buy fry cheap like how I sell them but you never know the potential so you have to start out with a good quality one. Okay so one pair makes 100 and you sell the 100 at 20 bucks each that's 2,000 in profit per batch.

Yes tanks are cheap 40 bucks for 40 gallons. Doing filter is a few bucks. That's it all you need.

Every batch is different but out of my two dozen fish all them are stunners even females and the males are all huge kok. The females have bigger kok than most male fish I've seen.

Just like many things in like the Big kok don't come cheap
The thing is I'd be willing to buy from you for that price for a couple males and females but you don't ship and these other breeders I've never talked to or know anything about their breeding lines just the individual fish and that means nothing when you look at genetics also I know ZZ flowerhorns are more often fertile then sterile but who knows when buying a breeder quality fish that money can be made on why would they sell it if nothing's wrong with it and it's capable of breeding already?? and sure if I can sell the fry or even get any for that matter to make the money back that would be great hell I'd be ok with making most of my money back and still being alittle in the hole but if none of the fry come out looking like the breeders or none of my breeders are actually breeders "sterile males". what I was thinking about doing was buying a large batch of fry raising them up then pairing them off and breeding but again some take up to 2 years to hit breeding age so that would Be useless also as far as breeding unless I got some fry from someone like you who has breeders at such young ages

Last edited:

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
The thing is I'd be willing to buy from you but you for that price but you don't ship and these other people I've never talked to or know anything about their breeding lines just the individual fish and that means nothing when you look at genetics also I know ZZ flowerhorns are more often fertile then sterile but who knows if I can sell the fry or even get any to make the money back if none come out looking like my breeders or none of my breeders are actually breeders and what I was thinking about doing was buying a large batch of fry raising them up then pairing them off and breeding but again some take up to 2 years to breed so that would be void also
I sell mine for 50-100 for 2-4" ones.

Here's some fry about 2"

I'm from Chicago and don't ship almost running out of these guys anyways. I like to give sell high quality Flowerhorn for a reasonable price

image.jpeg

samus143

Feeder Fish
Feb 1, 2015
Massachusetts
Oh wow, those fish are impressive. I didn't think they would pair up so small, I always thought the males had to be 1 year or over to mature. Thanks for the info guys.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Oh wow, those fish are impressive. I didn't think they would pair up so small, I always thought the males had to be 1 year or over to mature. Thanks for the info guys.
Look at this female look at the pot filled with eggs. She's extremely small 1.5". She has her breeding dress on so she has the dark markings

image.jpeg

Reactions: weston and Alex562

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Look at this female look at the pot filled with eggs. She's extremely small 1.5". She has her breeding dress on so she has the dark markings

View attachment 1167777
Dude I seriously need some of your flowerhorns is their anyway we could do shipping?? I know it's a pain but damn your the breeder I want to get some fish from

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store