Bright colored cichlids for 55gal tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
For last time, no more light advices, thank you. And my tank get plently of natural light near the window.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
red festae? what they looks and how big they get?

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
MN_Rebel;2612042; said:
red festae? what they looks and how big they get?
they look red and get as big as an adult red festae.

stop being a cocksnyder, and listen to the light advice.

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
MN_Rebel;2612033; said:
For last time, no more light advices, thank you. And my tank get plently of natural light near the window.

:chillpill: was just pointing out something you may not have thought about, your only human afterall and cant think of everything everytime.

and a festae, male or female, will likely do damage to your stock as it grows. i would say your looking for a cichlid no larger than 8" so it reduces the chances of doing damage. look at rainbow cichlids, stay at about 4" and relatively peaceful. and a bright yellow with blue on them and sometimes orange on the belly.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Ok no red festae, what is other species beside dempsey?

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
LMFao whats this dude deal?

why even ask for a a species of fish when cleary all you do is throw randomn things in the tank anyways?

and you dont have an extra outlet? ever heard of a power strip :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
MN_Rebel;2611925; said:
I got a 55gal from garage sale and the light dont come with the tank. And i dont have any extra outlet...Now thanks for asking but lets focus on the cichlids thats ive been asking for.
quite an attitude... These people are trying to help you out bro :chillpill:

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

First off, I suggest you that you give detailed information on your setup, most importantly water temperature and water chemistry (pH, hardness, etc), as well as filtration (volume of biomedia, flow) when you ask for stocking advice. That's essential information when it comes to species-appropriate advice. This is especially crucial considering the wild mix of fish with different requirements that you are already housing together. In the long run, this might not go too well.

Second, info on your set-up would also help preventing misunderstandings, e.g. you could've pointed out early on that you rely on abundant natural light next to a window for lighting. Brushing off kind advice in a rude manner as you did is not appreciated at this board. The advice on lighting were well-spirited and helpful.

HarleyK

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store