Building My 1000 Gallon Plywood Tank

Jloco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2011
Hammond, louisiana
Hope your going to coat it.. Plywood doesn't hold water good by itself, you goin to be having this in the basement? Sure us alot of weight there

mastergt35

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
MI
lol littlewangzfan, in the process of building this I kinda thought of that maybe I should have gone bigger.

Im going to seal it with west system epoxy and then coat it with sweet water paint. The tank is about 5ft high but the viewing window will be only about 4'2" because the water pressure gets too high at that height.

It is going to be in the basement. Im probably going to use 4 - 8ft lights . Its an 8' by 5' and 1.5 in thick and I paid about $1500 including delivery.

Im still trying to figure out what type of 3d background I should make for it.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Use fiberglass in the joints and corners, you will not regret it! To many builds on here that leaks becouse they didnt. I will fiberglass my whole tank.. At that monster hight you should deffinetly do it.

mastergt35

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
MI
Use fiberglass in the joints and corners, you will not regret it! To many builds on here that leaks becouse they didnt. I will fiberglass my whole tank.. At that monster hight you should deffinetly do it.

yea thats what im doing im fiberglassing the whole tank and putting extra in the joints and corners.

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
MN
DAMN! this is going to be fun!

Also...mind me asking, where did you get your acrylic from?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store