CA Cichlid tank (new project)

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
So Nutty, now that you have made some changes and everything seems to be going in the right direction, do you miss any of the previous fish that you had?

nutty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
United Kingdom
jgentry;2711634; said:
What's the stock list now? Looks like you have a pair of Heterospilus and is one of the new ones a melanurus? Great looking fish what ever it is.
Stocklist is:
2x ex Cichlasoma pearsei
1x ex Cichlasoma salvini
1x V. argentea
2x V. regani
2x V. heretrospila
7x Thorichthys pasionis
AngelicGreenTerror;2711681; said:
In your last pic, is that a Salvini I spot in the background?
Yes it is, i think it could be a female.
orbit;2711738; said:
So Nutty, now that you have made some changes and everything seems to be going in the right direction, do you miss any of the previous fish that you had?
Not really mate. The pearsei are back, argentea/regani are both my favourite vieja. Heretrospila are uncommon and show stunning colours, The pasionis are a facinating, especially in their little group.

Looking back only the synspilus and maculicauda are the main fish that are missing. As beautiful as the zonatum/guttulatum fish was, i've a feeling it may have been a hybrid, and he was trying to hybridize with the synspilus.

There's a 12ft tank in the making next year, so that will give me plenty size to have a few of my favourites back.

Watch this space.;)

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
nutty;2712116; said:
Stocklist is:
2x ex Cichlasoma pearsei
1x ex Cichlasoma salvini
1x V. argentea
2x V. regani
2x V. heretrospila
7x Thorichthys pasionis

Yes it is, i think it could be a female.

Not really mate. The pearsei are back, argentea/regani are both my favourite vieja. Heretrospila are uncommon and show stunning colours, The pasionis are a facinating, especially in their little group.

Looking back only the synspilus and maculicauda are the main fish that are missing. As beautiful as the zonatum/guttulatum fish was, i've a feeling it may have been a hybrid, and he was trying to hybridize with the synspilus.

There's a 12ft tank in the making next year, so that will give me plenty size to have a few of my favourites back.

Watch this space.;)
I just got a Guttulatum and Pearsei and I hope they grow up to look like you'res did/do!

12 footer huh? Subscribed!

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Can I just say this: You are my inspiration for going into CA cichlids. From the moment I saw your tank in PFK's podcast, I threw out my planted tank and started a CA tank. Luv your work! all of it and would be enthralled for any tips of wisdom you can give me on aquascaping: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287370

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store