Can i house a Jardini in my tank for life

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
I have plans drawn up of a 12x4x3 that they will all be going in. Once the barra outgrows that I will obviously have to upgrade again. I never mentioned that my jardini was big too by the way, he's only 18" and the dovii and cichla are only 7" at the moment.
Hi Mattya

Can you share the plan? If you don't mind. Perhaps a new thread? Forget about these hobbyist who would settle for smaller tanks. Its their choice as these arguments will never end. Btw, I am planning to get one tank with measurement of 8x4x3 with a 4ft sump for my asian arowanas. But a 12x4x3 sounds delicious! sorry, newbie here, still has a lot to learn. And yes, I stand by the motion of bigger tanks for arowanas.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
honestly, the 6' min argument is overrated. it isn't that different from 5'. my 5 gal betta tank is one foot long, would a jardini really care about a foot? one thing I believe is that an increased flow is equivalent to a longer tank, meaning this could work.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
If you had any experience keeping fish of the size that the jardini will reach, you would understand why the extra foot is such a big difference. Not to mention the rest of your comments are getting quite nonsensical. Really? you can keep a larger fish in a smaller tank just by adding flow? :duh:

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
is abetter than a 6x2 footprint. sorry for double post accidentally pressed send instead if send draft. and my argument for flow didn't mention anything about keeping bigger fish in smaller tanks, I was just saying if the ado was to barely survive in a 5x3 footprint, it would need flow simply because at high flow the fish will have the illusion of swimming a longer distance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
To you guys busting on Pole: There is a survey in the Lounge asking everyones age. He listed his as 12 or 13. Cut him some slack, he is trying to learn and share. :ROFL:

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Cut him some slack, he is trying to learn and share.
Maybe more learning and less sharing on subjects like arowanas is required?

Not trying to run you down Pole, I know you're enthusiastic, but you don't have to answer every single post on the forum. ;)

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
To you guys busting on Pole: There is a survey in the Lounge asking everyones age. He listed his as 12 or 13. Cut him some slack, he is trying to learn and share. :ROFL:
Maybe then his posts should come with disclamer, warning of the nonsense contained within.

cleanpainter

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
United States
I love how the bleeding deacons of fish over look the new guys totally pertinent question so they can continue their genital posture on who is the superior fish keeper. Oh how wisely you use the knowledge you have aquired.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store