Can i house a Jardini in my tank for life

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Maybe then his posts should come with disclamer, warning of the nonsense contained within.
so far u have not really contributed to this thread, so if u have a better answer please state it.
I have seen this flow theory tested and it isn't nonsense. wat I'm saying is flow would be required to keep the jardini in such a small tank(relative to the jar) u would need flow to keep it alive. If the output and jardini have equal force of movement, that tank would FEEL extremly long. flow would be needed for the jardini to actually swim for a few secs without turning around. ideally arowanas would be allowed to jump without going on the floor or hitting the hood, and that's when I believe they are truly happy and when they breed. the six foot/ five foot argument was to say that the jardini wouldn't kill itself over one foot less, and with that added width it means it could swim diagonally. width shouldn't be just turning, but for cruising as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
so far u have not really contributed to this thread, so if u have a better answer please state it.
I have seen this flow theory tested and it isn't nonsense. wat I'm saying is flow would be required to keep the jardini in such a small tank(relative to the jar) u would need flow to keep it alive. If the output and jardini have equal force of movement, that tank would FEEL extremly long. flow would be needed for the jardini to actually swim for a few secs without turning around. ideally arowanas would be allowed to jump without going on the floor or hitting the hood, and that's when I believe they are truly happy and when they breed. the six foot/ five foot argument was to say that the jardini wouldn't kill itself over one foot less, and with that added width it means it could swim diagonally. width shouldn't be just turning, but for cruising as well.

If you are running on a treadmill does it feel like the room is really long? Your arguments are flawed. How will extreme flow keep the fish healthy and alive? Do some research in the type of habitat jars live in. Slow moving open billabongs and rivers, not raging creeks. Since when were you the judge of when a jardini or arowana is happy too? Jardini and most other fish only jump when scared, spooked or stressed by the way too, they will not jump in the wild just for the hell of it. It wastes their precious energy, so there is no reason for them to do it. It's their fight or flight reflexes, just like humans and all other animals have.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The OP asked his question. On page 4 he decided his 5 ft tank was not ideal, and would not get the jar since it would not be the best for the fish. Since then a 12 year old with ZERO experience has gotten the rest of the people to argue with him. I am done with this thread. Bye!
(disclaimer: if the 12 year old says something else outrageous about something he has no experience with, you may be able to call me a liar.)

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Maaaaaaaaaaaaate, just give it a rest. Aside from the incorrect information that you can make up for a shorter tank by having lots of current what have you contributed to this thread? Did you watch the video I posted of a 52cm arowana in a 5' tank? Maybe watch it again and count the number of powerheads you can see in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store