Can someone clarify this is a CT?

royalray

Candiru
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Under the hot sun
is 100% IT, CT or ST have different tail bar, it should be 1 big and 1 small bar on pruduncle. and CT or ST have the 4th bar is not to bottom. is either break away from 1st pruduncle bar which is bigger, or sometime join up become V bar on pruduncle.

yours is a 3 bar IT, nice fish though.

Oct 31, 2012
amazon river basin
is 100% IT, CT or ST have different tail bar, it should be 1 big and 1 small bar on pruduncle. and CT or ST have the 4th bar is not to bottom. is either break away from 1st pruduncle bar which is bigger, or sometime join up become V bar on pruduncle.

yours is a 3 bar IT, nice fish though.
A lot of ct have tail like that. No such thing as a always stable widebar IT lol. He's always 100% stable bro. And I've seen about 50 CT just like that one

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Seems the only answer you want to hear, and will accept is that it's a CT. Very nice looking datnoids indeed, go with what u think it is. Btw, your rite, there is no such thing as a wibebar IT, datnoides microlepis is not defined the widebar dat, datnoides pulcher is considered widebar. Generally the Indos that hav thicker, less stripes like yours, r collected from different location than ones that hav 5-7 stripes, and often confused with and look very similar to the ST.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Like I said in my original posts, it is an indonesian tiger. If you choose not to believe the advise of someone who knows what they're talking about, then I'm sorry. To the guy who says the tails are not different, you are wrong and should stop giving advice. In fact, that is the easiest and most definitive way to tell the difference between certain Datnoid species.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oct 31, 2012
amazon river basin
Is ichiban not a good vendor? ALL his CT had same exact tail.. idk what to believe lol but I paid like 500 for him. And he is always stable and both bars are same wideness and look just like ST. So idk man im not saying anyone is wrong

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Ichiban is a very reputable vendor, that offers very good customer service.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Everybody will have their opinion on CT or IT now that you can no longer buy the ST. IMO they're hand picked indos and should all be labeled IT. As long as you like the fish and believe you paid a fair price for it is what you should be looking for

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lots of different and conflicting information in this thread but I can say two things for certain....The fish in question is a good looking dat...Whatever it is it will go unstable at some point and how that looks will determine whether it is a pulcher or microlepis....

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Lots of different and conflicting information in this thread but I can say two things for certain....The fish in question is a good looking dat...Whatever it is it will go unstable at some point and how that looks will determine whether it is a pulcher or microlepis....

What do you honestly think it is though KRich? I know you know your stuff about Dats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store