Channas are just uber-predators

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I've ordered a rhom to try with my albino striata :D

When the channas get to around 7 inches, put them in with your rhom, I bet they tear it apart.

Im4u2nV

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Jakarta - Indonesia
weird thing is that in my local area, there are some people offer Red Snakehead babies for fish food instead of regular gold fish...and they sell them FOR CHEAP!!! like US 20 cents for a plastic bag of them (probably 20 or so in 1" size)

i wonder if i can somehow hypotetichally sell them to people in here..i make lotsa money, don't i? hypotetichally speaking...

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
K i have a question, i will be receiving a rainbow sh in exactly one week. I was wondering what i should be feeding it. I know there preds so i'm guessing i can feed them mollies and stuff...are they like the other sh's that will eat anything they are bigger then in the tank? :drool:

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
RobD23 said:
K i have a question, i will be receiving a rainbow sh in exactly one week. I was wondering what i should be feeding it. I know there preds so i'm guessing i can feed them mollies and stuff...are they like the other sh's that will eat anything they are bigger then in the tank? :drool:
Aye, I just bought a pleurophtalma, and he takes bloodworm and brine shrimps. I will try bigger shrimps in a day or two.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Cyclop3000 said:
Aye, I just bought a pleurophtalma, and he takes bloodworm and brine shrimps. I will try bigger shrimps in a day or two.
You'd be suprised what they can fit in the mouths, My little 3"er take small to medium Shrimp, They look a little bloated though. I surpose care needs to be taken not to over feed them.

woolfie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
scotland
hi you guys in england us up here in scotland cant get the snakeheads do you know of anyone who ships from down south can you let me know what is available

cheers woolfie

miro_red.D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2005
montreal
this hit 8.5 inches and 6 inches in the first month of their arrival..how ***ed up is that....the bigger one is starting to be hostile.

zix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Portugal
i have place order of 10 channa micropeltes in a big lfs. 50euros .they came DOA so they order some more. they gonne be killing among than and only stays one in the endor they get alone and i gone be in :help2: :eek: or forget about the 10 and just get 1 or 2 .about channa/wolf it was me o ask because saw one and :drool: like to have togeder the 2 but is no macth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store