Channas are just uber-predators

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
zix said:
i have place order of 10 channa micropeltes in a big lfs. 50euros .they came DOA so they order some more. they gonne be killing among than and only stays one in the endor they get alone and i gone be in :help2: :eek: or forget about the 10 and just get 1 or 2 .about channa/wolf it was me o ask because saw one and :drool: like to have togeder the 2 but is no macth
Let's see if I understood right.. ;)

I would not put a wolf fish and a snakehead together, one will die eventually. I don't know about micropeltes, but I can definitely say that the Channa Pleurophthalma can be kept in groups without over-agression. SH often hunt in groups, as long as they are well fed i guess micropeltes can also group...

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Cyclop3000 said:
Let's see if I understood right.. ;)

I would not put a wolf fish and a snakehead together, one will die eventually. I don't know about micropeltes, but I can definitely say that the Channa Pleurophthalma can be kept in groups without over-agression. SH often hunt in groups, as long as they are well fed i guess micropeltes can also group...
All snakeheads shoal as Juvaniles however when they get larger they do not.
Pleurophthalma is one of the very few exceptions to this rule. The best you can get away with is a pair. Unless you have a lake. :)

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
jelly said:
All snakeheads shoal as Juvaniles however when they get larger they do not.
Pleurophthalma is one of the very few exceptions to this rule. The best you can get away with is a pair. Unless you have a lake. :)
Of course , you would need the room :ROFL:

Swallowed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
All over
I wondered if the smaller snakeheads (4inches)are as hardy as the larger ones (8-12inches) as far as being transported goes?

Aircut64

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2008
Vince;111329; said:
You Britons are so lucky to have channas available for you. Learn from our mistakes and DO NOT DUMP into your rivers and lakes. If only we can have another chance.....

They'll be banned in some European countries this summer :(
for an example as England & Sweden.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Aircut64;2755637; said:

hmm.. guess I'll have to bunker up then..

dbb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Sweden,Umea
Aircut64;2755637; said:
Hmm ,are you sure? I think i read 2010 somewhere,and not banned just stop import of wildcaught fish as a measure to control the ulcerating diseace. But i can be wrong..happened before:D

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
dbb;2756139; said:
Hmm ,are you sure? I think i read 2010 somewhere,and not banned just stop import of wildcaught fish as a measure to control the ulcerating diseace. But i can be wrong..happened before:D
well I'll be damned, the sweet pleasure of a Norrlänning on this marvellous sight! welcome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store