Jun 15, 2009
Mass
Very nice!

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Thanks, I got him from a girl I know who's having to sell all of her fish, and her aquarium because of medical bills. So I told her I'll take him off her hands, and keep her updated on him. Polleni's are by far the most gorgeous cichlid in the the entire world, and they're so hard to come by because their listed as an endangered species in Madagascar. So you can only find tank raised one's mostly as juveniles, and really no stores tend to carry them.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
are you sure you have a polleni and not a bleekeri ??? I have both and my pollen does not have the white on its dorsal. But the bleekeri does .

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
It's a 100% Polleni because it use to be that one has big spots, the other has small spots. However, currently there is no bleekeri, it has been declared a synonym to polleni, which is the older name. What they are currently going by is population names, all of which are tentatively assigned to Paratilapia polleni for now. There will probably be revisions and new names, but I don't believe the name bleekeri will be resurrected.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Great looking fish, hell of a pick up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store