csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
AlexG;1083722; said:
Hello,

I don´t know were the problem is !

The ray is Motoro x Motoro/Henlei, I´ve seen pups of that combination and they looked nearly the same.

And it is really common that pups of one litter look different if the parents are not 100% the same kind.

There is NO real "Mantilla", have u ever seen one? Only many different kinds of rays which look like something which has been called "Mantilla" get this name to get some more money for it.
Here is a link to pictures of motoro/henlei pups and they dont look anything like a mantilla ray. One more thing why is a mantilla ray in the aqualog book as a seperate ray? If it's a hybrid

http://www.goslinea.com/Gallerie/Rochen/Seiten/Potamotrygon spec. Henlei x Motoro.htm

AlexG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Hello,

Here is a link to pictures of motoro/henlei pups and they dont look anything like a mantilla ray. One more thing why is a mantilla ray in the aqualog book as a seperate ray? If it's a hybrid
Hi CSX, beside I don´t understand for sure if it is a question or some "ironie" stuff I try to answer.

The "Mantilla" in Aqualog Book looks fore sure like some Blackray-Hybrid.
The kind of what is breed in Japan by "Aqua Gallery" which is really nice and called Mantilla is breed out of different kinds of Hybrids.

U have to imagine that if u crossbreed, u can get some Pups which look one of the parents and mixed or just mixed or only like one of the parents.

If u then Crossbreed a hybrid with a normal u can get something completly different again. For example u cross a Motoro/Leopoldi Cross male with a pure blood Motoro female, EVERY pup can look different.

And thats what I have seen at a breeder in my local Area, that his Henlei/Motoro and Motoro got pups which looked like the one in this thread with grey colour and strange spots.

stingrayguy

Dovii
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2005
Illinois
Hey... I was just searching in some of Anythingfish.com's threads.. and found this pic. And I'm pretty sure this is the mother.. I'm sure Todd will post to confirm this pic.. check it out.. Looks really cool.

also its the ray on the right:nilly:

henlei motoro.jpg

rvrrays

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Kalamazoo, Michigan
The interesting part of this whole thing is that you could have one pup in a litter that looks so different. I have had pups that looked a little different. But, not this drastic.

This completely changes my way of thinking about rays, ray genetics and taxonomy.

Great stuff.

Colin

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
:popcorn:

stingrayguy

Dovii
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2005
Illinois
rvrrays;1089646; said:
The interesting part of this whole thing is that you could have one pup in a litter that looks so different. I have had pups that looked a little different. But, not this drastic.

This completely changes my way of thinking about rays, ray genetics and taxonomy.

Great stuff.

Colin

I know. I hear ya there.. What we need to do. Is really study this. I hope she will have pups soon. So we can see how they turn out.

Alex.P

Feeder Fish
Apr 17, 2007
London
So Mantilla are hybrids from the wild. As my mantilla's mother was wild caught, and was over 2 feet:naughty: .
Alex

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store