jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Just arrived! My Christmas present from Santa!!!!! :WHOA:

jlnguyen said my avatar and my CT looks like an IT!!! :irked:

How about this now? :naughty:
That one is definitely a ST as for Starving Tiger. You believe in Santa? So that one could be a Santa Tiger then...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
shipped to me

it's around 15", very thin, and it just ate 3 large prawns
very poor eyesight, needs to be hand fed

the price was good! very good! as a buyer! :) It's even cheaper than my CT! :nilly:
Both of the eyes are almost gone because it was kept with Arowana using high intense tanning light.

It's around 8-9 years old, and it got bullied by a 24" ST for at least 2-3 years. The big ST beat this little guy till it float in a corner during feeding time. Recently the owner was getting out of the hobby, the larger one got sold for around $2k+ and I got this little one very cheap for its poor condition.

And yes, I have stuffed high protein pellets into the shrimp before feeding it.
Same fish but different owner at the time.

It was offered to me 3 years ago @ 2.5k, you can see how traumatized this fish had gone thru.
Both of the eyes are almost gone? From the picture 3 years ago, the eye had gone. Have it ever crossed your mind that fish got so thin from being not able to eat well for the past 3 years due to the eye sight and not from beating during feeding time? From my experience, datnoid hardly fight during feeding time, since they're too busy to chase after food. You keep bragging about how cheap you got this little guy. I hope that is not the incentive that made you to get the fish, because if you didn't get it out of good heart and sympathy, that poor fish is on its way from frying pan into flame

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
That one is definitely a ST as for Starving Tiger. You believe in Santa? So that one could be a Santa Tiger then...
sure! Awesome!

Both of the eyes are almost gone? From the picture 3 years ago, the eye had gone. Have it ever crossed your mind that fish got so thin from being not able to eat well for the past 3 years due to the eye sight and not from beating during feeding time? From my experience, datnoid hardly fight during feeding time, since they're too busy to chase after food. You keep bragging about how cheap you got this little guy. I hope that is not the incentive that made you to get the fish, because if you didn't get it out of good heart and sympathy, that poor fish is on its way from frying pan into flame
Yeah eyes are almost gone, it was the glass reflection, it appeared to be white 3 years ago.

The previous owner said it got beaten up during feeding time, I am just transferring his words back here on the forum.

Yes, your right, my first incentive of purchasing this fish was because it's cheap. I was told it was getting a batch of live feeder goldfish per week, then I just felt sorry for it and brought it. Now it is getting 7 prawns and 7 smelt pellets per day. ^^

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
How is the tiger doing? Is it putting on weight?
Its surprising how tough the tiger fish is (apartment from Ntt)
Based on the history of this fish it has taken a right battering over the years. To survive transit , sering the condition its in.... I Still no doubt it will survive and do well in the fishes33's hands.
Updates....
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yes it is doing good at the moment, it have the power to swim around and the power to speed burst to a corner when it gets frighten (was doing tank maintenance)

The fish will only eat 7 prawns and 7 pellets at the moment, before it stop feeding.

I will post pictures tomorrow evening, as I have to work on boxing day!!!! *stupid store sales, & need extra hands*

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Always will love your sense of humor jlnguyen. You put me in stitches like nobody on mfk! Amazing style!! lmfao

Fishes..that ST gonna be beast thick soon smashn all that food. Actual smelt pellets? Are they pellets that smelt normally eat or pellets that are made from processed smelt itself?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good that it is showing an appetite and getting that much food down now,it should fatten up in no time at that rate.Regardless of your reasons for getting the fish it seems to be on its way to looking as good as it possibly can.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Not to derail but I always wondered the difference between a CT and ST. Not what they stand for but the physical differences?

Sent from my SM-G386T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
The previous owner said it got beaten up during feeding time, I am just transferring his words back here on the forum.

I was told it was getting a batch of live feeder goldfish per week, then I just felt sorry for it and brought it. Now it is getting 7 prawns and 7 smelt pellets per day. ^^
Since you go by what you were told, I hope that you were told wrong info, since datnoid that ate batch of live feeder goldfish per week to 7 prawns and 7 smelt pellets per day is quite a leap!

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Doesn't look like he gutloaded those batches of feeders. It would surprise me if he did & he still looked that thin eating lots of gutloaded feeders each week. Depends I guess how big the batch was though

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Always will love your sense of humor jlnguyen. You put me in stitches like nobody on mfk! Amazing style!! lmfao

Fishes..that ST gonna be beast thick soon smashn all that food. Actual smelt pellets? Are they pellets that smelt normally eat or pellets that are made from processed smelt itself?
pellets that made from smelt

Since you go by what you were told, I hope that you were told wrong info, since datnoid that ate batch of live feeder goldfish per week to 7 prawns and 7 smelt pellets per day is quite a leap!
Not a leap at all, my other tigers and polypterus can switch from pellets to live feeders and back to pellets in a few days.

Not to derail but I always wondered the difference between a CT and ST. Not what they stand for but the physical differences?

Sent from my SM-G386T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Cambodia Tiger and Siamese Tiger, the differences are the color, collection point and stripes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store