Christmas present!

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Thanks Fishes. I like the looks of them & gonna order some next time I restock on dry goods. I have more than one species that would probably devour & benefit from these. Happy B-day btw, happened to glance by that when I was logging in

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Thanks Fishes. I like the looks of them & gonna order some next time I restock on dry goods. I have more than one species that would probably devour & benefit from these. Happy B-day btw, happened to glance by that when I was logging in
:)

They don't have the poultry meal as ingredient, it significantly reduced the fat content.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Ade requested, new photo of the fish, it still has a long way to recover.

1960.jpg

1961.jpg

1963.jpg

1962.jpg

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
:)

As Ade requested, new photo of the fish, it still has a long way to recover.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thanks for update pics . Its definately looking a bit better.
You are right...along long way to go. Will be 6 months to 1 yr before it gets a healthy shape again.
If the cloudy eye is beneath the outer lens then the eyes may or could be permanently damaged.
But if its finding food with out having to hand feed it then thats the best u can hope for.

The severe stress it has had to ensure in its previous tank is very evident Just by the condition its in.

Ive had to look after a indo for a.friend in similar condition caused by the same type of bullying from other tigers. I manager to hand feed it for 7 days.. it ate prawns... About 7-10 pieces a day. On a.Couple.of those days it puked (vomitted) after feeding as its internal digestion system was so bad from not being able to eat properly caused by stress /being bullied.
Both its eyes were badly damaged. I was still hopeful as i got it eating again.
However , i knew it was done for when it started to swim and bump into the glass and also other fish. It died after 2 weeks.
I think as long as its eating and.not loosing.ability to swim and navigate and.not being further bullied it will survive and become a beautiful Fish again.
Keep us updated. Good or bad.

;)

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Nice pickup. Too bad about the condition but with TLC he will bulk up. Will take a few months to get back to proper bulk but if he's eating will be fine.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Wait...you don't think the fish in your avatar is CT/ST do you?
I always do, and it is proven by oversea aquarists but it just jguyen doesn't believe!

Nice pickup. Too bad about the condition but with TLC he will bulk up. Will take a few months to get back to proper bulk but if he's eating will be fine.
I hope so! :D

I know its only been around a week later, but how's he doing? Is he putting on any weight?
Not much difference than a week ago

Pic with flash and no flash

The ST is the largest fish in the tank, so it doesn't get bully. In the other hand, the ST is VERY aggressive, it makes my other two foot long datnoids goes unstable, If it wasn't nearly blind, it would bully the others as it was trying to nip at any fish that tried to steal its food. It ate my 4" paroon shark by mistake, makes my other 12"+ polypterus went hiding.

A comparsion between Massivore and trout feed brood stock pellets, it's much bigger and more chunkier.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting looking pellets,I've never heard of the brand.I wonder if it is sold in the U.S.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store