Clay cave DIY?

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Interesting idea, coolkeith. I think I may try a fiberglass and cement combination, sealed with clear epoxy. I'll have to see what's available locally this week.

coolkeith

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Detroit
Interesting idea, coolkeith. I think I may try a fiberglass and cement combination, sealed with clear epoxy. I'll have to see what's available locally this week.
Just keep in mind, regular concrete mixes don't work to well. The aggregates they put in them are too large , which create voids in the forms. Whereas Quikwall pours and spreads like a liquid, and is fiber reinforced.

coolkeith

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Detroit
Yup, that's the stuff. If you look at the data sheet it is USDA approved. Can be used for waterproofing farm water storage tanks, but I'd seal it with epoxy resin anyway.

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Glad to hear someone else has used this with some success! I'll keep you guys posted as this progresses.

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Here are the only pictures I have so far, using the quikcrete method. Many, many more coats to come!

YZVii2c.jpg
NX0PMUT.jpg
sR0WgwB.jpg
QuGda2I.jpg

YZVii2c.jpg

NX0PMUT.jpg

sR0WgwB.jpg

QuGda2I.jpg

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Can anyone recommend a good sealant to use? Preferably clear if possible. Need quite a bit of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store