Common Freshwater Fish to Avoid in Home Aquaria

crisper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
over there boi
Great post another fish of concern would be the iredescent shark start out all little and cute and then turn into monsters.

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
MRE;2375007; said:
That was a nice post with some good insight. Thanks for the info.
No problem.
Thanks.
crisper;2375054; said:
Great post another fish of concern would be the iredescent shark start out all little and cute and then turn into monsters.
Oh crud...
I completely forgot about the irridescent shark.
I'll get it up soon.

Troytroy;2375078; said:
very good article thanks for posting
No problem.
Thanks for reading.

brcacti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
Arizona
right the irridescsent shark and there is another one that is huge called something like pangasas shark (spelliing????) it shoul also be menitoned and possibly certain sturgeons are sometimes sold, maybe should be added, I have a 300 gal tank with extra thick glass and still settled for the mini pacus......black bar silver dollars.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
What about albino channel catfish, chinese sailfin suckers, and common pleco?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I forget add the paddlefish too as they are offered as juvies.

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
brcacti;2375338; said:
right the irridescsent shark and there is another one that is huge called something like pangasas shark (spelliing????) it shoul also be menitoned and possibly certain sturgeons are sometimes sold, maybe should be added, I have a 300 gal tank with extra thick glass and still settled for the mini pacus......black bar silver dollars.
Irridescent shark is a species of pangasius. They are one in the same. Paroon sharks are also available, but not nearly as common.
I didn't add the sturgeon because they're not very common.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store