Compilation of DIY plywood tanks (Load Warning)

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
WickedJester;3739732; said:
Awesome thread!!!
Thanks!

bigcol;3792907; said:
What a great thread, its excellent that some1 can take the time out to look for all these DIY tank threads and compile them all into 1, for it to become a sticky is a real bonus. Well done for creating such an informative thread and congrats on the sticky, hopefully mine will end up on here too :D

When i actually get my finger out and start building it that is, does that count as unfinished when it hasnt even started yet :ROFL: :ROFL:

Ok brianhellno, i thought this was aprpriate considering all your hard work and as i dont have a real pic of you then your avatar will have to do ;) watch and enjoy :D http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1263641278764RA64&q=low

Turn the volume right up people and skip the intro if you like :D :cheers:
And thank you! I look forward to seeing and following your build! That video was great it really made my day. :D When I made this thread I just wanted to share my love for plywood tanks and I'm just glad so many others can come to this thread and enjoy all of the builds. Hopefully it will help others with their builds and maybe even inspire some to build a plywood tank of their own.

Luc53

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2010
Brisbane
Great tread, have got plenty of good info for when I get around to building a plywood tank.

That might be fairly soon as my toga is starting to outgrow his current home and I don't think he'd do well in the bigger tank with the bass and golden perch.

The bass and goldens are quite agressive at feeding time whereas the toga seems a lot more timid.

I think a 48x24x18 would keep the toga happy for a few years.
At 18 inches deep, the $$$ for the glass would not be excessive.

Coating the inside of the tank with a paint on rubber coating seems a good way to go. I'll have to look for a supplier around my neck of the woods.

Luc

impeza1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
hanover, mn
If anyone is looking for a detailed build list and what not...someone put one together on minnfish.com under the DIY section shows how to build a 300 gallon plytank. thought i would let you all know...saw a lot of people looking for how to build it and how to put it all together and a materials list.

Buckdog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2007
So.Cal. - Inland
brianhellno,
Update - Still working on it. Maybe 2-3months out. Still lots to do.
Thanx.

deepcmsp

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2010
houston, tx
I recently was given a 75 gal that I set up with cichlids and am realizing that I really need a much bigger tank for the fish to be kept right.
Considering building a plywood tank and would like to find some complete plans but how long is it expected to last?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store