Confused with P14 and it's trade name

rayman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
Germany
Hi,

lots of dots in this thread, great!
So we can expect the k dotted ray in the next generation?

The two large Itaituba from Mike have the same father as the female Itaituba from Stefan. But the female ray from Stefan has another mother because the first female of that breeding pair died. The breeder was David Hinz (he is out of the hobby now).

Here is another 800+ Itaituba, breeder Björn:

StefanW

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Germany
Hi Andi,

thank you for confirming my guess, I know, that the breeder of all my female Itaitubas is David Hinz and I also saw the mother and father of Mikes two P14 in Wuppertal, before she died. But I did not want to tell Davids name, cause I am not sure, if Mike still thinks, his two P14 would have been bred by TP....;) as he was told from the guy he bought them.

As I have heard, TP only bought them as pups from David Hinz and sold them on to the guy, who sold them directly to Mike.

One of my males, the one with the 730 dots, is also bred by Björn.

The mother of Björns P14 pups, which means of my 730 dot and the other 800+ Andi has shown in the latest post, has also made her way through David Hinz's hands, before I bought her directly from David Hinz, let her gave birth to 5 pups after almost one year at my place and finally sold her on to Björn in late 2005 because of a upcoming lack in tank space and because of my wife :confused: :screwy:
But Björn combined her with another male then I did and that was the start of his really great Galaxy Royal P14! If she had stayed at my place, I think she would also further on only have had usual P14 pups. So it's ok....;)

Here are old pics of the mother of the 800+ P14 which Andi has shown in his latest thread and of her first pups, she had at my place. At the time I took that pics, she was still swimming at my facility. I think it's very remarkable, that she is far away from 800 dots. But please do not think anything wrong now, the father of the 800 dot pups is also a pure P14 for sure it simply seems to be the combination, that caused that lots of dots. The 5 pups she got at my place, with the other male, have got very very large dots, but not more than 400. I am sorry, that I do not have any pictures of them. I sold 3 of them to swiss and got 2 of them out of sight, the other one, I do not really want to see the new owner again ;) the other two have stayed here in germany, but unfortunatly have died at the new owners place last year :(
Now it's Andis part again, he already has made a lot of thoughts about that.......

Regards
Stefan

P14_Weibchen_mit_Pfropf.JPG

000_0011.JPG

000_0053.JPG

StefanW

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Germany
Here additonal pic of the male, which was the father of the very big spottet P14 pups, the later 800+ dot mama got at my place.
Also far away from those big dots and for sure not more than 400 dots (but remember, this IS NOT the 800+ dots father!!!!)
Also pure blooded P14 pups sometimes seem to be real surprise eggs (I hope this word even exists in english ;))

P14 Bock auf der Jagd.JPG

P14 Bock I.JPG

Temujin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
Xishuangbanna
Rayman,
Will it be possible for hobbyists to differentiate the grades as below ?

P14= very large spots ( eye diameter) Less than a said (400)+ - dots .

Galaxy= much little spots and few large spots with a total of more than a said (600) + - dots.

Galaxy Royal = The combination of very much little spots and some large spots (eye diameter) of a total more than a said 800 dots .

P/N: I must stress that the above mentioned is mainly for the recognition of what we are paying for. what do you reckon ?

royalray

Candiru
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Under the hot sun
Hi Andi,

do you know the father and motherof my galaxy? would appreciate the info.

royalray

Candiru
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Under the hot sun
Hi Stefan, nice to hear that you are getting new pup from your galaxy. any reservation already? spare me few pcs will be very kind of you. hehe....

StefanW

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Germany
royalray;2151970; said:
any reservation already?
I do not take any reservations, because I made very bad experiance with scobina reservation lists in the past.....

But anyway, I first want to see, how the pups develop and want to own the first k-dot ray by myself ;) cause I think I have a real chance out of this combination :D

But if you have something interesting to offer by yourself :shark::grinyes:
who knows :naughty:

Regards
Stefan

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
just very spotty very nice p14 ro me i cant stand all the fancy names

a p14 is a p14 no matter how many spots mine have 699 so they are nothing great :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store