cons for feeders

davidefc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Liverpool UK
you carnt use jd for feeders ther too cool and they dont bread that easy and firemouth are supposed 2 be quite hard because when they pair up its not for life

SouthCentral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Canada
ewok;951976; said:
i havent personally done that - i guess there's something sad to me about feeding one cichlid to another... feeder goldfish are something else though :D

I feel the same way...I don't think I should, cause I'm sure that baby con's get picked off in the wild. Why else are their parents so darn tough pound for pound...but none the less, I don't feed baby cichlids to other cichlids. I just like cichlids too much.

davidefc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Liverpool UK
yeah i almost felt bad about thinking ofusing convicts for feeders...but then i thought about it and it didnt seem that bad of an idea...and once i got this Dovii, all other smaller cichlids dont seem as interesting anymore (except my butti of course)
haha so it looks like you have 2cichlids then lol i would love to have a dovii, i worked in a shop for a couple of days and my mate was feeding him angel fish that was funny the dovii would inhail it

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I regularily use convicts as food, and this week I got a few hundred Geo. Brasiliensis. Much better than goldfish.

cookiemonster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Washington
I know it feels weird feeding cichlids to cichlids, but not only do baby cons get picked off in the wild, but there is a whole group of cichlids (guapotes) that specialize in feeding on smaller cichlids.

SouthCentral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Canada
When you look at jag's (any parachromis really) and snooks and things like that feeding. ot's obvious where many cichlid fry probably end up. I may try it sometime. I'd like to use a breeding pair of cons in my guapote tanks to keep them active and stimulated, but if they beat the bleep out of the cons I'd feel bad. They wouldn't be swallowed in one bite, they'd actually be torn up.

Has anyone had success keeing a pair of tough little cons in with fish like mine...Trimac's or RD's in a large tank?? Or do the cons always end up being destroyed??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store