Cool project at work , this ones for pond lovers !

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Pond nearly undercoated and ready for top coat uploadfromtaptalk1412285074854.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412285086051.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412285097891.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Great job Evz! Man I'd have some sick koi with a pond like that!!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks mate , he's got some pretty sick koi in there they get spooked real easy though so its hard to take pics I'll have to sneak up one morning before we start making noise lol

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Just curious, what do they filter the pond with?

The UK has some colder winters, is it heated? Do they stay In there all year round? I know koi are cold water fish and essentially prettt carp. Lol.

Looks like a chore to rehome them all into the basement every season

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA

The UK has some colder winters, is it heated? Do they stay In there all year round? I know koi are cold water fish and essentially prettt carp. Lol.

Long as the water doesn't freeze solid, they're ok. I wouldn't mind hearing about the filter also.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
No they keep them in there all year round , the side that's on the last PIC is deep 7ft I guess so they'll just go to the bottom in freezing conditions
The old guy who's house it is (the customer although his wife seems to be in charge lol ;)) said that they don't have water metres on the houses in that area so he's got the pond on a constant feed , when I was about to ask few more questions he wandered off looking at his apple trees hahaha he's pretty old , I've got a feeling he's got a mains feed in going into a pre filter which is under the platform decking then out the drain or onto the garden somewhere the other end :confused: I'll try find out details or get a sneaky look when he goes out ;):D

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
Lovely pond, although mine 6k gallons, it is still not as Japanese as I would want it to :(. Great job on that bridge sir.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk

Sorry forgot to say no heaters needed , like rocky said as long as it doesn't freeze solid there fine , most people put a ball in the water to prevent solid freezing and it provides a feeding hole when removed

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Lovely pond, although mine 6k gallons, it is still not as Japanese as I would want it to :(. Great job on that bridge sir.

Thanks the thing I don't get is the pagoda is Chinese and his fish aren't hahaha I might point it out if he gives me a hard time
Any pics of your pond ?

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
Thanks the thing I don't get is the pagoda is Chinese and his fish aren't hahaha I might point it out if he gives me a hard time
Any pics of your pond ?

Not the prettiest, but my filtration is on point. uploadfromtaptalk1412359521545.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store