Corals

backpack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
Fl, USA
you could get some xenia as well. Any of the nps corals like dendros that don't need light would make a lot of sense.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Yeah the pulsing Xenias are awesome, But they grow very quick in the right conditions. although they can also be a shoot and a miss in certain tanks for no reason. They don't do very well in my tank but every other coral I have is thriving. It's weird.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
you could get some xenia as well. Any of the nps corals like dendros that don't need light would make a lot of sense.
NPS (nonphotosynthetic corals) would be harder to take care of though for a noob because they require regular spot feedings which could be overwhelming for a beginner. Also some need a constant food supply throughout the day which would dirty up the water REALLY fast. Sponges are easy though and sun corals and dendros look pretty cool. You just feed them at night some meaty foods.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
Yeah the pulsing Xenias are awesome, But they grow very quick in the right conditions. although they can also be a shoot and a miss in certain tanks for no reason. They don't do very well in my tank but every other coral I have is thriving. It's weird.

Mine did the same thing, it looked great was was growing and pulsing like crazy at first but now it's shrunk down and there is a lot less movement. I don't know if it would help to move it to a different location or if that would stress it out more.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Mine did the same thing, it looked great was was growing and pulsing like crazy at first but now it's shrunk down and there is a lot less movement. I don't know if it would help to move it to a different location or if that would stress it out more.
Was that before you put a skimmer on your tank or after? I've read and been told they do better in dirtier water conditions for some reason.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
The skimmer has been on the tank since before even the cuc was added so it's not like the water quality suddenly went up. Still using RO/DI water for my top offs and changes. Everything else I do to take care of them is by the book.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Well I'm not really a noob I've been in this hobby for some time meaning more than 5 years now so yea and I know a good deal about aquatic life fresh and salt water I dabbled a bit in reptiles then quickly gave it up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store