ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Big Arowana Fan;2233995; said:
Nice I like those Aros!
Thanx ^^ this is an aro tank actually. It just did not have any bottom dwellers. Clean-up crew if you will ... although i think that these kitties have upgraded themselves from clean-up crew to primary eaters of crikets lol

oscar n redtail cat;2233995; said:
i have a 16" 1 about 1 year old
Ahhh, not bad growth rate. SOmething to look forward for me heheheh

Bogwoodbruce;2233995; said:
Yeah marbles, i have one at 10" nice cats
Thanks for the confirmation ^^

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
kscichlidfan;2264205; said:
Nice looking juvi cats - good luck with them.
Thanx - growing now. Uploading pix now :naughty:

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
So here is the periodic update on the two little fellas (not so little no more). Definitely not shy ... fight for food with arowanas (no torn fins or tails though).... they do not wait for leftovers to drift down to them - they go for the food. These are as bad as walking catfish - eat, eat, puke then eat some more ... food includes hikari floating pellets (note floating not sinking hehehe) + cricket (main staple) ... no one to buy feeders (in any case, aros are not that keen on feeders for some reason).

Difficult to compare growth since aros are also growing :grinno: but i'd say at least 1.5-2 inches growth. Gotta love those super long whiskers :naughty:

On scientific note, i use salt in this aquarium seemingly without ill side effect on the catfish

Unlike RTCs they sit in separate corners during normal times (except during feeding), while RTCs are always together. Maid says that sometimes they fight - though no injuries or fin damage so far. Anybody have territory issues with theirs pims?

PS: my green aro definitely swiming funny :confused:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
oscar n redtail cat;2314538; said:
great looking marble catfish mines the same eat,eat ,sick lol thats what i dont like about them but other than that there great ;)
:ROFL:

HPIZZLE;2314538; said:
wow, thanks for the update.
they sure grow FAST!!!!!:D
little beasties will be fully grown beasts in no time ... then another episode of moving large fish but not for another year or so i hope ^^

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
So here they are - alive and fine ... and growing still :nilly:

by this time, the pecking order is sorted out and the dominant is definitely visible (as attested by the size difference).

The aros have been moved so they have the tank to themselves. i waiting for them to be 20" or something before moving them outside .... on the second thought, perhaps a bit more.

i need to make space for a new bigger tank ... no place to put them. outside, they will be munched in no time at this size (bite sized), the aro tank has my ray and bichir ... these pims seems to be quite active and hype (so disturbance may not be welcome)... may distrurb the bottom too much ... hmmm what about the sump of the large outdoor tank ... share the space with pacus in there.... i think i will go with that one at the end of NOV

DSC03216.JPG

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
Pretty cat, mine is about 14" now. He has his spot in his cave. Pretty Boy my 8" asian upside down hangs out under the roof of the cave, My Lima hangs out above the wood, the albino Channel goes in circles through the pvc tube.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store