CREATING THE ULTIMATE FILTRATION AND EVOLVING WITH YOUR FISH!!!!!!

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Seems people really don't want to talk filtration just into kicken people when down that's a Bummer i was exited !!!! Well if anybody wants to talk filtration I'm your HUCKLERBERRY!!!!!! I love it!!!!

pjsammut

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2011
Malbourne Australia
Do you have any problems with smell or humidity with the open tub? Also what is the purpose of the glass filter? Sorry for the noob questions but you asked for it!
Also and I know this is a massive ask, but have you a diagram with flow direction of your setup? It would go a long way on understanding how it all sits together.
Awesome fish an pics. Do you use th flash above the tank as in pointing down at the fish when you take those?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Do you have any problems with smell or humidity with the open tub? Also what is the purpose of the glass filter? Sorry for the noob questions but you asked for it!
Also and I know this is a massive ask, but have you a diagram with flow direction of your setup? It would go a long way on understanding how it all sits together.
Awesome fish an pics. Do you use th flash above the tank as in pointing down at the fish when you take those?

No no smell but as far as humidity i have my tanks in my garage hense it being open I do not have a diagram but will draw one for you And no i have t-5 lighting on the top of the tank that is all when taking pictures i don't use flash

Do you think a sump is the best way.

No I don't !!!

Kash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
Lynn Haven, Fl.
I for one am a sucker for over filtration! Nothing as big as this, but got an AC70 on a 26g, an XP3 on a 40 breeder and an AC20 along with an internal filled with matrix on a 10g!

So, considering that you think traditional sumps are too messy, any tips on keeping them semi clean? About to setup a 40g sump on a 110g and have never used sumps before.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
9000gph! You and Mike have serious flow in your systems. Mine is much simple, 4500gph Reeflo Dart, straight thru an Ultima 4000 2in pipe, with 57-watt Aqua UV.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
I for one am a sucker for over filtration! Nothing as big as this, but got an AC70 on a 26g, an XP3 on a 40 breeder and an AC20 along with an internal filled with matrix on a 10g!

So, considering that you think traditional sumps are too messy, any tips on keeping them semi clean? About to setup a 40g sump on a 110g and have never used sumps before.
sure where you keep your Bio add bubblers air to that area so you don't have settlement ...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I've seen nothing but good stuff from you and Ken with those glass filter. It's on my Wish list for my next setup

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
9000gph! You and Mike have serious flow in your systems. Mine is much simple, 4500gph Reeflo Dart, straight thru an Ultima 4000 2in pipe, with 57-watt Aqua UV.
Do you mind? I'm trying to sell a few more pumps here. Hugh, let me know when you're ready for the other one. hahah

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store