CREATING THE ULTIMATE FILTRATION AND EVOLVING WITH YOUR FISH!!!!!!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
What T5 lights are you running? How many bulbs and what different bulb colors and differences?

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Do you mind? I'm trying to sell a few more pumps here. Hugh, let me know when you're ready for the other one. hahah
Pardon me! Mike gave me a Wave catalog the last time I met him, so don't be surprise if I'm going to be a change man lol

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
9000gph! You and Mike have serious flow in your systems. Mine is much simple, 4500gph Reeflo Dart, straight thru an Ultima 4000 2in pipe, with 57-watt Aqua UV.
Yep high flow!!!LOL!!!

I've seen nothing but good stuff from you and Ken with those glass filter. It's on my Wish list for my next setup
You know it!!!

If not a diagram take more pics of each Junction. Am I see 3 pumps...? what is the gph of each? and do You have some form of filtration between each pump. do they all run continuously? Finally... Im not seeing a lot of valves... How do You regulate "tune" water flow?
Each pump is 3000 gph and wide open although i do have ball valves just incase!!!

Do you mind? I'm trying to sell a few more pumps here. Hugh, let me know when you're ready for the other one. hahah
Hey Buddy this is my thread;)

What T5 lights are you running? How many bulbs and what different bulb colors and differences?
Only one 4 footer twin tube 10000 daylights...

I'll be ordering mine next month after i sell a kidney haha
:naughty:

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
And i can guarantee you folks i can take a bumble Bee grouper raise him to 70 pounds of absolute magnificence in a 600 gallon tank all be it a different dimension being 96x48x30 !!!!!Where are ya Diaz?????:ROFL::ROFL:
This guy one upped you by getting his BB Grouper to 70lbs in a 210G. His sump looks tiny too. Pretty impressive, eh? :headbang2

[video=youtube;7TcgGhMeSeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcgGhMeSeU[/video]

Head's up though man...if my experience was any indication, people are going to start hating on you big time for running all those bio-balls submerged.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Interesting looking set up, again like Diaz's so much simpler than the crazy ideas I've been coming up with in my head for my 450g, and also absed around a lot of submerged media. Any advantage to having them floating around like that as opposed to say noodles just sitting there in a bag? And can you tell us more about the "glass filter", I've never even heard of one before.

Loving all the discussion on big filter set ups, some really good ideas, I'm going to have to get some of my pencil drawings onto the computer and post them up to get some feedback.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
This guy one upped you by getting his BB Grouper to 70lbs in a 210G. His sump looks tiny too. Pretty impressive, eh? :headbang2

[video=youtube;7TcgGhMeSeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcgGhMeSeU[/video]

Head's up though man...if my experience was any indication, people are going to start hating on you big time for running all those bio-balls submerged.
Key is being ready for and giving the animal space DIAZ ..And that vidio you keep posting i see worse at LFS everywhere not that i would condone what the vidio shows because i don't!!! But i definatly think your efforts would be better spent being more constructive and easier on the bashing brother;)As far as the the Media i did that purposly not really more then a handfull of bio balls the rest is K-1 type media but my point is and will be plastic media is plastic media no matter the shape it will grow BB"s :naughty:

Interesting looking set up, again like Diaz's so much simpler than the crazy ideas I've been coming up with in my head for my 450g, and also absed around a lot of submerged media. Any advantage to having them floating around like that as opposed to say noodles just sitting there in a bag? And can you tell us more about the "glass filter", I've never even heard of one before.

Loving all the discussion on big filter set ups, some really good ideas, I'm going to have to get some of my pencil drawings onto the computer and post them up to get some feedback.
Soon i will not have ANY open media bins as i am changing with my fishes needs and learning along the way as much as i have learned about keeping fish it just makes me realize how much more i have to learn and will continue to move forward !!!! Sump type systems will very soon be a thing of the past this technology very old and dirty inefficient there are many new ways to filter your tanks and i will post the changes in my tanks as i change them the victories as well as failures sometimes we can learn more from a failure and we can't be afraid to show both!!!!!! Also guys i will draw a schematic of my water flows so everybody can see how they flow And how they will change with my filtration i hope everybody finds it interesting because i sure Do!!!!:):)

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Eventually all my systems will be completly closed loop The Bio and Mechanical all of it bing able to either backwash or open and maintain without disdurbing the BIO:naughty:

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Good point let me move that to the other thread.

but my point is and will be plastic media is plastic media no matter the shape it will grow BB"s :naughty:

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store