Daily ins and outs of Wels care

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
That was the old wood-fire-fueled hot-tub. Family dismantled it without my permission when I was at work so I never even got to use it. He's not in there now, now it's a duck pond. I have ten ducks. When Audrey II is big enough I can feed it (him?) baby ducklings as treats!

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
For now, baby is in 370 gallon above-ground pond. Will winter in 210 gallon tote. Will eventually go into big outdoor pond. Going to train it to eat out of my hand and respond to three taps for food. That way I can call it up from the depths for dinner.

Has already grown a couple of inches. It's crazy how fast it grows! Naming it Audrey II for obvious reasons.
For fishing some people use these http://img.pecheur.com/clonk-black-cat-catfish-deep-water-z-507-50776.jpg maybe that will help. From my understanding it sends signals like Wels Catfish cummunicating with echother.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Presumably, whipped through the water, it vibrates and sends a note through the water. Am I wrong?

Not needed though. Wels have amazing hearing and three knocks on the dock will resound well enough.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I've been seriously considering raising some of these in my big natural pond on my property. I'll have to double check the legality of them here in my home state but I don't think that they're illegal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store