Datnoid Prices?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Problem is that if it is not always true that IT have four body bars (can have 3 sometimes) and ST have 3. Then there would be absolutely no way to tell when purchasing one, especially at small sizes.
No,because you probably will never see a small ST...

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Imma head over to the stickies. I find it very interesting, that of all the comments so far the only definitive differences given is a more robust body (hard to tell at a young age?) and prices.
Only two of the comments mentioned anything about size and even my post which you quoted said there are other differences and if you wanted the details to check the stickies. Also you where told you wouldn't be able to find a small ST and you where told why and krichardson has been nice enough to reiterate that point if you missed them earlier in this thread. If you check the stickies you'll find a plethora of the info. your seeking and one of the focuses of much of the info is on ST's, since their rarity and beauty has essentially made them the grail of Dat's.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Only two of the comments mentioned anything about size and even my post which you quoted said there are other differences and if you wanted the details to check the stickies. Also you where told you wouldn't be able to find a small ST and you where told why and krichardson has been nice enough to reiterate that point if you missed them earlier in this thread. If you check the stickies you'll find a plethora of the info. your seeking and one of the focuses of much of the info is on ST's, since their rarity and beauty has essentially made them the grail of Dat's.
Red the stickys...Only points to a size difference. Just wondering if there is a way to tell when they are young. I guessing I should just assume any smaller/ young dat I see is not a ST.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
The mouth, IT seems to have more snout looking than ST. I could be wrong.
Also I observed, ST's somehow has a hardish look than IT when it's older, I can't really tell the difference when they're on juvy stage. They're tricky...

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
The mouth, IT seems to have more snout looking than ST. I could be wrong.
Also I observed, ST's somehow has a hardish look than IT when it's older, I can't really tell the difference when they're on juvy stage. They're tricky...
I do see those E.C., thanks for the comment. I can kinda see what your saying with the snout and hardish look. They are tricky, thats why I started this thread. From what I've seen so far having a ST over a IT doesn't warrant the price. But then again, I guess it what is means to the individual. Plus, I have already mentioned im not to keen on the differences, so maybe ST owners are seeing something I am not.

Geofroniac

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
San Gabriel
I do see those E.C., thanks for the comment. I can kinda see what your saying with the snout and hardish look. They are tricky, thats why I started this thread. From what I've seen so far having a ST over a IT doesn't warrant the price. But then again, I guess it what is means to the individual. Plus, I have already mentioned im not to keen on the differences, so maybe ST owners are seeing something I am not.
Thanks, If u are into Datnoid. Hobbyist like me will go the distance to get that fish in the tank. Sometime price doesn't matter I guess. Just the feeling of owning one. Enjoyed your dats

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store