Datnoids with Cichlids

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Experimenting is very advisable. That's how you learn what can go with what generally. The only dats I had that hated them were the big eaters with big stomachs and big attitudes. The dats that were not in charge with consumed by the thought of getting attacked by the bigger dats so they left the cichlids alone..I strongly recommend trying things out..you have plenty of time before the dats get dangerous, but just keep an eye on feedings. Dats can suffer from tentative feedings when the threat of an angry cichlid is around and will have lackluster growth because of it..If all fish are feeding as they should, no need to worry now

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Like this size or smaller I'd say, I have mine w/ cichlids around the same size

uploadfromtaptalk1391672880323.jpg

I wouldn't go over 2-3 inch

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
So that it wouldnt eat its tankmates? Oh yeah, so in a 165 gallon, how many datz can be put there? And how big is the datz in the pic?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Figured you could tell w/ the thermometer haha its probably 2-2.5 inch. My nicest right now.

Not really so it won't eat the cichlids now, so it won't outgrow the cichlids too fast and end up being able to bully it to death or eat em

Every experience I've had w/ multiple datnoids never results in them chillin together, always fighting and chasing. Some say for the best results (one clean dat) keep just one per tank

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Now the thought of having my ebjd and dat in one tank has completely faded away after reading this thread >.< lmao

Sent from my SGH-T999V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store