Denison Barbs at petsmart?

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I always seemed to miss out in them when they were on sale for $4.50, I passed by several petsmarts every time the sale was on and never found more than one at a time, if I could even find one at all.

Honestly I gave up looking for them and there was no way I was paying $25+ a pop for them from any of the lfs's. A few months ago I went into petsmart to browse a bit and came across a group of six at the $9.00 price and couldn't pass them up.
-View attachment 913918
They're only a few months old now but showing potential and are gaining size fairly rapidly

All in all nine bucks a pop is still cheap and they have grown on me a bit, so I definitely don't feel any buyers remorse. I'm not sure what they feed them at the store but I've got mine on flakes and brine shrimp, with the occasional treat of blood worms or krill.
They look awesome. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas

Sundew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Daytona Beach, Florida
I bought four to go with my rainbows from Petsmart. After quarantine they were added to the tank and were rather drab at first, but after several months are bright cherry red and the yellow tail spots are getting very nice. They need lots of room and they will nibble plants, they ate some of my Rotala indica but no big deal. They are beautiful and good for any roomy tank with peaceful, fast moving fish.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
I bought mine when they first start selling them at petsmart, the store I went to had them on sale for 3.29 each, I bought them all, I think it was 22, they are about 4 to 5" now

Sent from my LT26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Im actually keeping the 6 I got from Petsmart in a 135 with some cichlids and they've been doing great. $8.99 each so I bought what they had. Started around 2" dull. Coloring up pretty nicely at around 4".

DSC_6728.JPG

jcvang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2015
Madison
Im actually keeping the 6 I got from Petsmart in a 135 with some cichlids and they've been doing great. $8.99 each so I bought what they had. Started around 2" dull. Coloring up pretty nicely at around 4".
Really nice! I'm thinking of pickup a tank that has "Denison Barbs" but also the fish itself already cost as much as the tank itself. SO what you guys think Should I go for it? or or not 75 gal black trim with black stand comes with 9xDenison Barbs with other fishes and a cainster for $350? Or I can offer $300 at least. Lmk. If its a deal which the 9xDenison Barbs which $25-$30 a piece which is like half the price of the tank setup.

jcvang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2015
Madison
Or should I go to my local petsmart and go for the $8-10 deal and grow them out. I already have 8 before but stopped and gavethem away to my friend and now back to the hobby and got them back and got 5 total atm which 2 out of the 5 is my friends and the remainers are my remain. lmk what you guys think I should do. I do need the tank and the barb s are included also a deal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store