Disappointing fish

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
Fishermoe14;1769589; said:
red belly piranha... its boring because i have a single one... scared all the time.. wont eat in front of me. hides in the corner.. gonna try to fix it by trading him in and getting a shoal of babies :D
nooooo reds are fantasticly active fish! Mine are always ut exploring :D just give him more time. for me, it's gars. They are cool and interesting enough fish, but they literally just sit in the tank breathing.. at least whenever I have seen them. Even when they eat, they just wait for a fish to swim by and grab him... not too thrilling if you ask me. Though they do look bad ass.

SchizotypalVamp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2008
San Diego
See, I know they exist, but I've never had a boring Betta. Mine were always exploring, looking around, and threatening. My last one threatened everything, especially me.

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I've never had disappointing fish.
I've been captivated by guppies even, I have a five gallon with four of them and a few ghost shrimp, I've watched that tank for hours. Same with my betta tank, always out and exploring.

Any fish, is a good fish.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Passionate 4 pikes;1764843; said:
Title says it, what are highly recomended fish that you are bored stiff whith?
for me it may be tetras and plecs:eek:
What species and any reason?

The only disappointing fish I used to have is a betta. With limited selection of tankmates, bear the fact that it is either shredded fins or that lone fish. Even if you add cories and otos, it'd still be boring for me.

Dylan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
Somewere in the world
None really, i used to have khuli loaches which were boring as all hell, because they burrowed

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
My Black Skirt Tetras. I have a shoal of 6 and they just take up space and add to the bio-load. Completely and utterly boring and lifeless.

midnight

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2006
under a bridge in fl
slowlyburn;1769162; said:
I am amazed no1 said dats yet... Great looking fish but BORING!!!
is that why everyone has yawning dat pix?
:ROFL:

Dylan;1769984; said:
None really, i used to have khuli loaches which were boring as all hell, because they burrowed
funny
i bought 3 a long time ago and to this day never seen one go in the sand lol

and it sounds like just some fish are boring,every fish is different,kinda :D

DanProwse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
UK
LBathory;1769860; said:
for me, it's gars. They are cool and interesting enough fish, but they literally just sit in the tank breathing.. at least whenever I have seen them. Even when they eat, they just wait for a fish to swim by and grab him... not too thrilling if you ask me. Though they do look bad ass.
Dunno about that, my gars seem quite active, they spend more time swimming about than they do sitting about, although they do occasionally have their lazy times..

I have to agree with the bettas aswell though, they just seem to hover there in 1 space, although the fact most people who keep them dont give them enough space to move probably doesnt help...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store