Discus: Have wigglers now what?

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I would remove them 10-18 days after they first start to feed off the parents. Removing the fish when they havent fed off the parnts will result in high deaths.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Well out of the 25 or so wigglers, I now only have 3 free swimming fry. This weekend I'll set up another tank to move all my other discus into. The breeding pair will have the whole tank to themselves. Hopefully they've gained a little experience and will have more sucess next time.

Yakuza-Irezumi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
In a Tattoo Studio

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Yakuza-Irezumi;1049369; said:
Oh,and bderick,wanna know what to do now???? Watch them get eaten by the parents:eek: seems that all discus do:(
Bam!!! you nailed that one right on the head:ROFL: All the fry are gone, hopefully the next round will be a little better.

ddyerfamily

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2007
Kentucky
www.youtube.com

Dread

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2007
Happytown :)
So am I, but I don't expect "special" treatment. Granted, what he is going through is terrible, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I truly wish him the best, but I don't see why that should carry over into a forum about, after all, fish and keeping fish. Had my signature made fun of something with his family situation, I would understand and remove it. However, it was a very funny question about fish husbandry/feeding, and I don't see why it should be removed when it has nothing to do with his situation. It's apples and oranges.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Dread;1049952; said:
So am I, but I don't expect "special" treatment. Granted, what he is going through is terrible, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I truly wish him the best, but I don't see why that should carry over into a forum about, after all, fish and keeping fish. Had my signature made fun of something with his family situation, I would understand and remove it. However, it was a very funny question about fish husbandry/feeding, and I don't see why it should be removed when it has nothing to do with his situation. It's apples and oranges.
:p :thumbsdow

BTW ants are a much better choice then Boloni:screwy:

Dread

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2007
Happytown :)
Ants could also very well be a part of a fishes natural diet. However, processed lips, anus and tongue generally isn't. It shouldn't even be part of a human's diet.. and that's who it's made for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store