Discus: Have wigglers now what?

Dread

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2007
Happytown :)
Nothing was said. It was just suggested that I remove my signature with his quote in it. Which doesn't make sense to me, really.

Dread

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2007
Happytown :)
Thats exactly what I said. This is an aquarium/fishkeeping forum, family issues shouldn't be discussed here (atleast not in this part of the forum. The Lounge would be acceptable, I imagine). And on top of that, it says nothing of his situation, thus it can't mock it. I sympathize with him I really do, however it's apples and oranges.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

andy123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
PALM COAST FL
okay, I've bread discus in the past, here is what you have to do... make sure you have the pairs alone in there own tank,, this way they won't be stressed out... have the temp at 86 degrees, and water soft... now, when the fish lay eggs, it should take around 48 hours for the eggs to hatch... now on day 5 or 3 days later the fry will go free swimming.. on the parents sides... sometimes it's hard to see at first, but they are sometimes only on mom or only on dad.. sometimes both... now remember keep the water soft, because that helps keep the slime coat growing on the parents.. now also after about a week of the fry free swimming, start to feed them some small fry food.. I fed decaps brine shrimp, you can feed frozen baby brine.. but keep feeding the fry and the parents.. if you start to see fry disappear, see if one of the parents are eating them, because you'll have to pull that parent out.. don't worry because one parent should be enough to take care of the fry, for at least 3 weeks.. if you start seeing the little body sore on the parents, pull them away from the fry right away.. because there eating the scales off and that could kill the parents... after I pulled the fry away they would be between 3-4 weeks old, eating on there own, and between a dime or nickel in size... small batches of fry i would say under 50 the parents will usually eat.. I don't know why, I think it's a waste of time and energy to them.. but my smallest batch of fry was around 150, and the biggest was well over 300 fry... and what a site to see... looks like bees flying around a bee hive..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store