Do not try to leave this thread (wayward pines thread)

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
reckonings ensure that everything is done fast. even organizing carnivals

eddie, I didn't exactly see anything in last night's ep to change my mind. just something I've been thinking about

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
reckonings ensure that everything is done fast. even organizing carnivals

eddie, I didn't exactly see anything in last night's ep to change my mind. just something I've been thinking about
Ok, watched the most recent episode and now I'm even more convinced they're in a dream world aka the matrix. The convos between Pam and pulcher keep implying it. toss in the new hire.

Also, if the world ended 2000 years ago, how do they continue to get new people? You'd think everyone would've gotten there near the same time

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Ok, watched the most recent episode and now I'm even more convinced they're in a dream world aka the matrix. The convos between Pam and pulcher keep implying it. toss in the new hire.

Also, if the world ended 2000 years ago, how do they continue to get new people? You'd think everyone would've gotten there near the same time
well, it's still possible that they are in the future

they could have people in suspended animation and wake them as they need

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
well, it's still possible that they are in the future

they could have people in suspended animation and wake them as they need
Oops, I just re watched the episode. I misspoke about interview a new person. He was already an employee.

Doesn't really make any sense to me to put people in suspended animation and have an endless supply of new people that you only wake up once in awhile. It seems clear they're all getting in their accidents in diff time periods and entering wayward pine at diff times. I do want to know what happens when they die. My first guess was they wake up. Now I'm insure. Still haven't placed the damn Abbies in my theory

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Oops, I just re watched the episode. I misspoke about interview a new person. He was already an employee.

Doesn't really make any sense to me to put people in suspended animation and have an endless supply of new people that you only wake up once in awhile. It seems clear they're all getting in their accidents in diff time periods and entering wayward pine at diff times. I do want to know what happens when they die. My first guess was they wake up. Now I'm insure. Still haven't placed the damn Abbies in my theory
you could be right, but i'm just saying it's still possible and feasible that they are in the future

if they are not in the future and only in the matrix, they are still being woken up at different times.

all the accidents appear to be happening at different times, but they ALL could have happened in the past prior to the long term suspended animation. they are just awaken at different times, and when they are awaken they still think they are in the same time as when they last remembered. and the way the show plays each person's entrance into wayward pines could simply be showing flashbacks of what they remember at the time of the accident. which seems like it just happened, but it very well could be that the time of their accident was 2000 years ago but they remember it like it just happened

that is why some of them feel like they have been there longer than others. like when ethen burke first got there, that chick that got her throat slit thought she had been there for 12 years or whatever and ethen was telling her that her date (year) was off

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
But if Pulcher is just some rich scientist buying or taking people today and putting them in the sleep chamber when he gets them, it makes a more sense then hoarding people and adding them 1 by 1. I mean do you really think the world ended? The workers that were interviewed talked about their kids. They're clearly not living in wayward pine. Seemed like they were punching a time card and doing a job. Then returning to the real world. Both the workers/volunteers and citizens would all be in the future. Are they in a sleep chamber too?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
So this week will be the final episode. After texting with sumo this week I have no idea what I believe anymore. Great episode last week though. Some badass scenes (jail take over, reckoning of Kate)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So this week will be the final episode. After texting with sumo this week I have no idea what I believe anymore. Great episode last week though. Some badass scenes (jail take over, reckoning of Kate)
I gassed out on this one a few episodes back.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
i just watched the last episode.

im going to read the books now. i assume the way the series ended is a lot different from the book because there is internet buzz about the there being a second season.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
1. So why did all the crickets die?? Did the Abbies eat them?
2. If there are no crickets, WHY WHY WHY bother putting hundreds of little speakers all over town just to make cricket noises... If I wake up a thousand years in the future in a crazy reckoning town, I for damm sure not gonna be worried about whether or not there are cricket noises.
3. Where are they getting all this explosives?? If I was running the last crazy town on earth, I sure wouldn't issue explosives to the cryofrozen nutjobs I just woke up.
4. What a nasty *****, her brother is kind enough to freeze her after she lies and turns on him (way too quickly I might add), then she shoots him dead on the spot!
5. How much head-trauma can this poor kid survive? He's like one more concussion away from not being allowed to play in the NFL.
6. Its clearly just a remake of M. Night Shamalamadingdong's "the Village"
7. "Ascension" is a way better series.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store