DO YOU BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION?

you believe in evolution of freshwater stingrays?

• i believe in evolution

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • i do NOT believe in evolution

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
turkeyboy85;2884075; said:
this thread is already heading down the road to closure
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
personally, I dont understand the theory behind creationism. I agree that things must have started from somewhere, but how could creatures not have evolved? There is alot of proof to show that many, almost all of the animals on earth had prehistoric cousins that went on massive changes through time in order to adapt and thrive on the enviorment that nature gave them. I am a firm believer in the idea that dinosaurs eventually evolved into birds, or at least some species did. btw: I completely respect those with different views and find this topic to be very interesting :)

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
keepinfish;2884093; said:
i have been reading alot about evolution, and it got me thinking of stingrays and if indeed they were truly SW at one time... thats all nothing more...

Now what proof do we have that they did come from a sw animal????
Who is to say that there was not always FW rays? and were created at the begining of time?

Speaking from my experiance nothing more and thoughts, i dont have any proof to back it up, i remember having a similar conversation about the rays, and someone brought up how the landscape use to be, and the "thought" behind the evolution of the freshwater rays was that they had gotten trapped when the contenents moved and it created a lake, and the salinity started to drop from the rain waters and eventually the lake was then opened up into river systems briinging down the salinity even more so over these thousands/ millions of years.... (I dont have the expertise on this matter to state how long it was) they evolved to not need the salinity.

Where is matt, he can shine some light on the biology portion of the rays

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
LBathory;2884126; said:
personally, I dont understand the theory behind creationism. I agree that things must have started from somewhere, but how could creatures not have evolved? There is enough proof to show that many, almost all of the animals on earth had prehistoric cousins that went on massive changes through time in order to adapt and thrive on the enviorment that nature gave them. I am a firm believer in the idea that dinosaurs eventually evolved into birds, or at least some species did. and also that humans came from lesser developed beings. We are still evolving.
that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject

CORVETTE

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA
I believe in Evolution very much. My question to you is do you believe in geology? They say that the Amazon was formed from the ocean when the mountains were forced up out of the sea. Thus the rays were salt water rays from the ocean the changed to live in fresh water. Evolution is all around us it amazes me how so many people say it doesn't exist because they can't see it happening. I takes along time millions of years to have thing change. Maybe one day our bichirs will walk on land they already can breath air and oxygenated water. Its hard to say what will change and what wont but on the evolutionary time line we are just a small spec of time.

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
I love the topic guys so lets keep it evolution about rays and not let this thread get closed

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
turkeyboy85;2884131; said:
Speaking from my experiance nothing more and thoughts, i dont have any proof to back it up, i remember having a similar conversation about the rays, and someone brought up how the landscape use to be, and the "thought" behind the evolution of the freshwater rays was that they had gotten trapped when the contenents moved and it created a lake, and the salinity started to drop from the rain waters and eventually the lake was then opened up into river systems briinging down the salinity even more so over these thousands/ millions of years.... (I dont have the expertise on this matter to state how long it was) they evolved to not need the salinity.

Where is matt, he can shine some light on the biology portion of the rays

it is harder to believe to me that ----quoted by turkeyboy--- "they had gotten trapped when the contenents moved and it created a lake, and the salinity started to drop from the rain waters and eventually the lake was then opened up into river systems briinging down the salinity even more so over these thousands/ millions of years.... " than it is to believe creationism....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store