DO YOU BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION?

you believe in evolution of freshwater stingrays?

• i believe in evolution

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • i do NOT believe in evolution

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullopincrate

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
South Eastern US
We are still evolving within our own species. Remember science has never found the missing link. One day they'll find a mutant and claim it but if there were in fact a link there would be tons of them and be easy to find. The cousins you refer to is merely an example of convergent evolution where two species come up with similar traits to deal with an environmental challenge. Where as divergent evolution species take different paths for an example penguins don't fly but seem to fly while in the water.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Ullopincrate;2884150; said:
We are still evolving within our own species. Remember science has never found the missing link. One day they'll find a mutant and claim it but if there were in fact a link there would be tons of them and be easy to find. The cousins you refer to is merely an example of convergent evolution where two species come up with similar traits to deal with an environmental challenge. Where as divergent evolution species take different paths for an example penguins don't fly but seem to fly while in the water.

i would have to find my data, but there has been known scientist "nobel prize winning that say we never found the missing link becasue there is not one. :)

Ullopincrate

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
South Eastern US
CORVETTE;2884137; said:
I believe in Evolution very much. My question to you is do you believe in geology? They say that the Amazon was formed from the ocean when the mountains were forced up out of the sea. Thus the rays were salt water rays from the ocean the changed to live in fresh water. Evolution is all around us it amazes me how so many people say it doesn't exist because they can't see it happening. I takes along time millions of years to have thing change. Maybe one day our bichirs will walk on land they already can breath air and oxygenated water. Its hard to say what will change and what wont but on the evolutionary time line we are just a small spec of time.
I too believe in evolution. But in specific types. Bichirs will always be bichirs no matter what favored adaptation they acquire. No one knows the answers to this for sure. Not even the most adept evolutionist. There is a reason why it's called a theory.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I do believe in evolution. The fossil record clearly shows that evolution does happen.

I find it very perplexing when seemingly intelligent people state that they "don't believe" in evolution.

Ullopincrate

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
South Eastern US
CORVETTE;2884149; said:
Actually I've read they believe that african cichlids were salt water fish at one time. they believe as little as 5000 years ago there water was salty.
That might actually support evidence of a great flood lol.

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Ullopincrate;2884178; said:
That might actually support evidence of a great flood lol.

I think most people are fighting about the same thing... speices adaptation to live in enviornmental conditions, not saying a fish will evolve into a bird to a monkey to a human. so in esscence a combination of the both beliefs

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
keepinfish;2884039; said:
Please give more thoughts on this matter of why you believe against?

so to answer your question Yes i do believe that everything was Created....Not an accidient! There is more of a chance of a tornado going by a airplane hanger full of airplane parts and producing an airplane!
to keep this discusion open and not get into peoples personal beliefs i will no longer comment. i stated my opinion and am done. i am not well versed on terminoloigy or educated on this matter, but i do belive nature takes its course.

Ullopincrate

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
South Eastern US
That's pretty much what I am saying. I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory. It's ridiculous. I'll consider anything that comes down the pike but that one is just silly. Of course then again that's how science works. When something is unexplained a theory is produced, we test it etc etc. The scientific method.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Dan Feller;2884176; said:
I do believe in evolution. The fossil record clearly shows that evolution does happen.

I find it very perplexing when seemingly intelligent people state that they "don't believe" in evolution.

if you ever did your "own" research in evolution you would see that the way they date fossils, and the layers jurassic, and so on is just crazy and makes no sense at all..

Have they ever found a half monkey/human?? NO becasue there is no such thing.

but lets keep this thread on track... this is about stingrays.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store