Do You Boycott Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Anything you refuse to buy based on principal?

I can't think of anything that upsets me so much that I'd boycott.

I don't, however, do social networks because I find it really lame. I can see maybe using it to stay in touch with family and loved ones that live far away but from what I see people mostly use it to post every lame thing they do and post self-taken cell phone pictures of them making duck lips. it annoys the hell outta me so I will never do social networks. just don't wanna put my business and photos out there. my wife does facebook but mainly to stay in touch with her family. one time she posted my picture with her, and I made her take it down.

but for the most part, I will buy anything from anywhere as long as I need the product. for example, the local vietnamese restaurants (not saying they're all like that) around me have horrible customer service but I keep going back because my taste for their food out weighs the annoying non-existing customer service. plus I just don't tip or tip very very low.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I also try my best to boycott the off topic thread. it's kind of like a social network, just everyone talking about anything and I can't keep up. plus if something interesting gets posted it gets drowned out and lost because the thread just goes every where

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
drugs, will never touch it, it's everywhere but i won't do them except for alcohol.
I Rosa Parks those stuff

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I boycott any Reality type shows. At one point I blocked syfy on my remote for when I surf. I would have to manually enter the channel.

I boycott msnbc... can't handle stupid people.

This one will catch some heat. I semi boycott *** stuff. For TV, mainly if I feel it promotes them claiming to be victims or pushes it for no reason.. There are some shows I won't watch while there are some I will. I don't watch ellen or Lost girl but will watch Warehouse 13 and Days of our lives.

I stay away from anti-American stuff like citgo gas(Venezuela) because of Hugo Chavez.

I'm going to do my best to boycott Obamacare. Kind of hard though when it's being forced down your throat(except if you are the one's that passed it).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I also try my best to boycott the off topic thread.
LOL I pretty much do that with the ban the person above you thread as I thinks it's just silly.I mean I like to joke here and there but that thread is too much as well as a waste of space.Other than that,nope.

Abby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Miami
Walmart and Chick-Fil-A mostly. Basically mostly just Conservative companies that I disagree with.

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
I havent been to a Best Buy in probably 5 years. I refuse. Completely obnoxious sales atmosphere for what i go in there to buy. Same guy asked me thhrreeeee times if i "needed help" while casually browsing the xbox stuff. Back off kid.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Energy drinks..............especially Monster Energy Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com