documenting my Alligators growth rate (w/pics)

beluga/arapaima

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
London
i cant wait to watch this thread evolve, i usually come in around page 30 of disscusion and spend hours getting up to the point where everyone else is at but now im here from the beginning aha :popcorn:

creepyoldguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2010
fishbelly
This is awesome! If I remember correctly you have some huge tanks and/or ponds, so you're actually one of the people that are going to be able to track it's growth long term, and not one who is building a pond! I'm subscribed!

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Got back from a buisness trip this morning. been gone only a few days and noticed that he seamed even longer than usual. got a measurement once he came up to the glass a SOLID 9" I will catch him end of next week to get a dry measurement and post it.

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Well i guess Ill go a little more in depth on how he is fed. Currently he is only eating goldfish. The goldfish are kept at 80f and are fed 2 massivore pellets once every hour. This is because goldfish dont have stomachs and thus require a constant food supply if you want to transfer that nutrients to the predator fish. As you can see its working quite well. I have raised a rtc,tsn, and hybrid of the two and nether of them come close to the growth rate of this guy

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
ya kevin they arent in season at the moment. may have to wait till spring....

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Crappy pic I know. bad angle but his tall is very dark so it blends into the back of the tank. But oh well I will get a out of tank shot next week.

IMGP0078.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store