Dodge Challenger Hellcat....over 700 hp..are you kidding me?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's well known that muscle cars such as Challengers are best shown off on the straightaway and that's probably all the majority of the owners want out of them.I know I wouldn't be taking a car that I just plunked down over sixty grand for to some curvy track and risk a rollover at a high rate of speed lol.I would hope that most people who do get them will have some inkling of how to handle themselves behind the wheel but I did see a YouTube of a guy tearing his SRT 8 up on a track.He was lucky to walk away from the car he'd just destroyed.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
True story: we had a vehicle stolen off our lot last winter. When I picked it up at the tow yard I noticed a gorgeous brand new shelby gt500. First year of the new 662hp. Temporary plate on the back was 8 days old. And the top was missing and there were brains visible on the front seats. Guy lost control doing over 100 and hit a 18 wheeler broken down on side of road. End of story. Insane power and mediocre handling and braking is just scary. That being said I know a hillbilly I guarantee has one ordered. The performance of cars today is impressive. Enjoy it. Probably won't last.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn.I'm gonna go look and see if I can find that video.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Not going to need a lambo to smoke a challenger when the road turns. Last autocross I talked my buddy into bringing his srt8 challenger and while it is an impressive car in many ways, I smoked him in a rx8 with 200 less hp and someone else there beat his time in a 140hp 1st gen miata. Dont get me wrong in a stoplight challenge or parking burnout competition people will be bowing down to the hellcat but it just isnt my cup of tea and curious how many days from the time it hits dealership lots till I start seeing hilarious youtube vids of people who cant handle their new car. This should bring it to a whole new level
Lol, you couldn't PAY me to roll a Miata!

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Lol im not a miata guy either but I gotta give credit where its due and they are one of the more capable track toys out there. When people think of racing they usually imagine mustangs or porsches but more miatas are raced every weekend than any other car.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol im not a miata guy either but I gotta give credit where its due and they are one of the more capable track toys out there. When people think of racing they usually imagine mustangs or porsches but more miatas are raced every weekend than any other car.
I guess it would depend on the track. Turning is fun, but I need lots of ACCELERATION! :D

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
True story: we had a vehicle stolen off our lot last winter. When I picked it up at the tow yard I noticed a gorgeous brand new shelby gt500. First year of the new 662hp. Temporary plate on the back was 8 days old. And the top was missing and there were brains visible on the front seats. Guy lost control doing over 100 and hit a 18 wheeler broken down on side of road. End of story. Insane power and mediocre handling and braking is just scary. That being said I know a hillbilly I guarantee has one ordered. The performance of cars today is impressive. Enjoy it. Probably won't last.
I worked at a dealership years ago. We had a a kid loose control and crash a Ford Lighting... ON HIS TEST DRIVE!

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
To each their own. I think it depends a lot on where you live and the type of driving you encounter. Growing up in new england I loved my rx8 with the windy hilly roads great handling and a sweet 6 speed make it a blast but now that im in the south and everything is flat and straight my car feels pointless. V6 camry would give me a run in a straight line haha. Guess being in the south kinda makes a point for a vehicle like this.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Brian,what do you drive now?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I worked at a dealership years ago. We had a a kid loose control and crash a Ford Lighting... ON HIS TEST DRIVE!
Yea, some people can't handle the power. I had a car salesman get nervous on me when I test drove a Magnum but it was so slow...I wasn't impressed with it(it didn't come close to my Mustang). But to many it may have been too much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store