Does anyone else's Florida Gar do this??

stevbo200

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2006
nj
mine has always been chill, but recently he been flipping out and even jumped out of my tank yesterday, picked him up right away so he lived.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
i did another big water change last night and he was ok. this morning he was doing it, but it wasnt too bad. so i guess he is still doing it , but it seems to be chilling out. his nose is starting to get a little beat up though. this really needs to stop.

i am out of ideas...so i am just going to give it more time and hope he chills out. when i first got him and had him in the 75 for the first few months he did it too. eventually he kinda stopped for the most part. so maybe he just needs alot of time to get used to it...who knows?

fishdude666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
australia
could it just be his reflection making him arc up.
teritorial stuff. alot of fish do it.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
fishdude666;887860; said:
could it just be his reflection making him arc up.
teritorial stuff. alot of fish do it.
Oh... that would explain why he does it in the complete dark.:nutkick:

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
i think he stopped!!! he hasnt done it at all in 2 days and seems to be doing awesome! i covered the end of the tank were he usually did it and added an air stone. i have no idea if these two factors were causing it or if the tank is just finally completely cycled. either way he seems to be doing great!!! thank you all for your concern and help! lets just hope he doesnt start up again.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
demjor19;895719; said:
i think he stopped!!! he hasnt done it at all in 2 days and seems to be doing awesome! i covered the end of the tank were he usually did it and added an air stone. i have no idea if these two factors were causing it or if the tank is just finally completely cycled. either way he seems to be doing great!!! thank you all for your concern and help! lets just hope he doesnt start up again.
He is just in awe of the greatness of being in the presence of a A. tropicus...

But really...It seems much like last time where the tank was not so ready. Very good to hear all is going well now and peace has finally settled in Jordan..

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;895777; said:
He is just in awe of the greatness of being in the presence of a A. tropicus...

But really...It seems much like last time where the tank was not so ready. Very good to hear all is going well now and peace has finally settled in Jordan..

lol! thanks. he had one very minor episode this morning, but no big deal. i think he just got stuck in a corner and wnated out.

man...i wish i could have A. Tropicus in with him...but i think that is a recipe for disaster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store