headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
my parents are sick of all the tanks and fish stuff around
and gues what i am moving out and about to get a 600g pond and another 180g and all my current tanks also move with me, we all are a family you know *not that very attached to the fish, they are a collection i am obsessed with * LOL

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
Not yet! :naughty: :D

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Camshaft Ramrod;2344311; said:
For me, the hobby keeps me out of trouble.

The reason I got into fish keeping in the first place was to give me something
to do while I was trying to clean up my bad lifestyle and get sober. I had a pretty
rough past. So I replaced a habit with a habit. So after I got out of rehab, I jumped right in.
I'm 4 years clean thanks to this hobby.

So whenever a friend or a relative brings up how obsessed I am with my fish tanks
I say, " You're right. I think I'm gunnu sell it all. Then I can buy that 5lb crack rock I've always wanted."
Good job. Keep it up and change your avatar its creeping me out.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
aussiesk8;2344245; said:
Do you guys get in trouble with family due to your fish keeping hobby, mines were not too stoked at first when the space taking up gradually got larger as well as trapsing through the house with buckets of water lol
I had to laugh when reading this. I'm in the same exact boat, especially with the buckets of water.

ctenopoma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Canada
yeah It's gotten me in trouble , it started with a 20 gal , then a 55 and now a 125 gal
and my family I think is on their last legs towards this I don't think I'm gunna upgrade.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
12 Volt Man;2344652; said:
I got in trouble tonight LOL

I bought my first house and also bought a stand for my new 150 gallon setup.

my Mom came buy and freaked at how big the stand was LOL

I guess she felt that the 90g I had was already too big..:)

and she hasn't even seen the tank yet...
Nah get bigger. Parents may act mad, but they are probably happy that you are into something good. My parents brag still today about how I was always reading about fish etc when I was growing up. Get a 240 next.

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Now I live on my own, nope. When I was younger Im sure I drove them crazy adding tanks every few weeks...

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
I get in trouble with my boss sometimes because I keep asking him for stuff. We had a drink cooler that had broken down and I was begging to take the glass out of it and now Im trying to convince him to give me some old plastic 55g drums that are taking up space.... And my roommates just shake their heads at the money they think I'm spending.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
When I got up to 10 tanks, it was a bit excessive, and I'm broke because of my fish, but no real trouble

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store