michigan
only makes my mom mad when i do water changes around midnight lol

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
andyjs;2345019; said:
When I got up to 10 tanks, it was a bit excessive, and I'm broke because of my fish, but no real trouble
Never thought about that, Im broke to. :(

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
Camshaft Ramrod;2344311; said:
For me, the hobby keeps me out of trouble.

The reason I got into fish keeping in the first place was to give me something
to do while I was trying to clean up my bad lifestyle and get sober. I had a pretty
rough past. So I replaced a habit with a habit. So after I got out of rehab, I jumped right in.
I'm 4 years clean thanks to this hobby.

So whenever a friend or a relative brings up how obsessed I am with my fish tanks
I say, " You're right. I think I'm gunnu sell it all. Then I can buy that 5lb crack rock I've always wanted."
Thats an awesome story man, well just goes to show you, i skateboard too its been my life long hobby, so now im balancing it with my fish keeping hobby. My Mum and Sister never stop telling me how crazy and obsessed i am lol, but i know my little o's are growing on them haha. Thanks man :)

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
JD_MAN;2344318; said:
It only gets me in trouble financially. :D
Ditto X 2 lol. Ive been working at sea and nearly every penny i have made goes to them, i should start keeping haddock then i can survive off the hobby too haha

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
12 Volt Man;2344652; said:
I got in trouble tonight LOL

I bought my first house and also bought a stand for my new 150 gallon setup.

my Mom came buy and freaked at how big the stand was LOL

I guess she felt that the 90g I had was already too big..:)

and she hasn't even seen the tank yet...
Haha yeah my fish take up more space than i do too, but my folks are defo coming round, they helped me get my fix by helping me get my most recent tank, however as one f you guys was saying i still get in trouble doing water changes at stupid o'clock lol

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
I had another row just this morning lol my mum woke me up like Andrew what the hell was all that about last night!! Turned out my crickets had carried out an escape from Colditz and were running riot in my house, my wee dog hoovered them up soon enough though hahaha

Ricko

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2008
earth
Only keeps my wallet empty, Then again so do all my hobbies-guitar,beer,rum,bourbon,wine,beer,beer!!!

LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store