Utah
www.davescichlids.com
LOL YA :) I Know :D

curtisdonohue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2008
Las Cruces, NM
I'm a new member to this website, i actually joined looking for info on micro and nano reefs, and thread was exactly what i was looking for! very very helpful, one question though, I plan on starting a ten gallon nano reef, Im gonna use an aquaclear filter and lots and lots of live rock, and maybe some anemones and stuff, I want to have two clownfish and maybe a few others, would that be too many fish for a ten gallon? I know usually the rule is one fish for every ten gallons or something like that, but wasn't sure if the rules were the same or different for micro and nano reefs. Also, I know that most corals need pristine water conditions to survive, is it hard to maintain such conditions in a nano reef? Any tips?
Thanks

curtisdonohue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2008
Las Cruces, NM
Nvm mind about the number of fish in there, just found the answer to that one on another thread...but yeah, tips on keeping the water quality good?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
water changes, good skimmer, good filter will help. Watch the amount of food you feed as well. I wouldnt have to much LR, thats just going to eat up swimming room. 15lbs-20lbs seems to work well for 10gallons

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
Howdy! I like this thread! I just started my 10g salt box a few days ago and im really interested with corals so we'll see! Here are some pics :headbang2

lmk what you think please! Advice/ideas welcome

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
you're going to need ALOT more room than that... the blue damsel is good, or the 2 stripe would be ok-ish in that tank, but the two dominos have to go, now preferably...

i'll try and get some pix of my pipefish tank...

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Very nice!! I need to get moving :( MONEY!!!

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Best thread I've read all day, bump.....lol<<<(I think I just made up a new bump :))

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store